Thread: VCD From HD to HD

Unhappy VCD From HD to HD

So I just got VCD from one of my buddies off of his hard drive and it works on his but not mine. Not on US soil but am on a government computer so just attaching my hard drive onto the computer is out of the question.
    It won't let me install VCD onto my laptop. I've tried clicking on every icon but nothing gets it working, although it does work on his and he got it from someone else.
    Any ideas?
    Btw, not highly knowledgeable about computers so laymens terms would be much appreciated.

The only and best place where you should get VCD is from the slysoft site. If its a government computer they may have put restriction into place that prevent you from installing anything. You could start by going into user management, disable "User Account Control" and try installing again.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

It's on a government/military server as well and wherever it's located, they completely blocked downloading altogether and I can't get around it. If it were just the computer, I'd be able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by essenceofdecay5932 View Post
    It's on a government/military server as well and wherever it's located, they completely blocked downloading altogether and I can't get around it. If it were just the computer, I'd be able to handle it.
    If that is indeed the case I think you should forget about installing without help of admin group.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by essenceofdecay5932 View Post
    It won't let me install VCD onto my laptop. I've tried clicking on every icon but nothing gets it working, although it does work on his and he got it from someone else.
    I am confused in one post you say it is server of government in other you say laptop. What is happening exactly are you on server or laptop?

I'm trying to get VCD onto my laptop via HD from my buddy's HD and it works on his, so I don't see why it won't work on mine. I would rather download it straight from the site but the only form of connection is through this government computer that is regulated from afar.

Oh I see. Virual clone drive require driver to be installed. My guess you don't have administrator privilege. Thus can't install at computer located at work.

It can't just go from hard drive to hard drive and work for both when it works for one?

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

If you are trying the copy the install file then there should not be a problem copying the file from computer to computer, the one restriction is what the network admins at your place of work allow for file copying between computers.

But if you are trying to copy already installed VCD files from computer to computer to make VCD work on your computer, that will most assuredly not work. You need to run the downloadable install file on your computer to get VCD to work correctly on your computer.