Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Online Piracy Act & "Protect IP" laws

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I just signed the petition as well and told other members of family as well. Sorry for being late but at least I wasn't too late. Posted via Facebook, Google+ and emailed everyone as well.
    It's ok, as long as you're trying to help out letting people know about this dumb potential law.

Spread the word to others, and thanks again.
    Lifetime subscription licenses to AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile, CloneBD, and Game Jackal Pro.

Death to Cinavia!!!

It's do-or-die time: The House Judiciary Committee will likely pass the Stop Online Piracy Act THIS Thursday. Once the bill moves out of committee, the House can pass it at any time.

BUT, if we're able to kill it at this stage it'll probably never recover.

That's why we need your help this week: We want to make sure people understand what the Internet could be like if SOPA passes, so we're asking millions of people to protest censorship as part of our #Censorship Everywhere campaign

The most important thing this week is that EVERYONE join the protests in some way. If all of us drive our audiences to make phonecalls, we're unstoppable. We need to jam Congress's inboxes and melt their phone lines if we're going to stop SOPA.

Our goals for the week are one call per congressmember per minute -- and one million emails.

SOPA threatens the livelihood of the best parts of the Internet, and the best companies that use the Internet. More than 70 representatives from leading tech firms -- like Tumblr, Foursquare, Etsy, Kickstarter and Reddit -- and advocacy groups from across the political spectrum participated in a meeting to coordinate action against SOPA.

It was an inspirational meeting, and we're all going all-in to kill this legislation. We need to do everything we can to stop it in committee -- and everything we do this week sends a strong message to lawmakers: voters do not want this bill.

Please be part of the effort: Call or email your member of the House of Reps right away. We need to flood them with contacts well before the vote this week.

Join us and be a hero for Internet freedom and free speech. We need you,

- David, Holmes, Tiffiniy, and the rest of the team

PS: This is it. Please help drive as much traffic as possible to Congress this week, before Thursday's vote. Use these buttons to enlist your friends to fight censorship -- you'll be creating 'censored' posts and tweets:
    Last edited by fast eddie; 13th December 2011 at 11:06.
    Fast Eddie

Good (somewhat related) article here.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-...n-ever-2011-12

-W
    Last edited by Clams; 15th December 2011 at 14:38.

Holy sh*t. Looks like it's going to pass.

Looks like it is all mainly no votes.

http://mfile.akamai.com/65764/live/r...p=39655&prop=n
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

They are all coming back from break now if you want to watch this unfold live.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Looks like it is all mainly no votes.

http://mfile.akamai.com/65764/live/r...p=39655&prop=n
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Question: How can the U.S. Government pass this law for foreign websites and actually use it? Last I saw the U.S. Government didn't control the world. Looks like there is a recess till 1 eastern time now.
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Default And it's NO at this point

At this moment the amendment did NOT pass.
    It seems the biggest negative point is the inability to enforce the bill if the "evil" site is not in the continental United States.
    The Justice Department can't handle what that they have now.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Thanks Frank, Another thing I don't understand is why not work with the other countries on this to be able to put a stop to torrent sites? I mean they mentioned YouTube a few times but it goes further if the TV is on while taping your kid dancing for instance it is a violation. I mean come on the focus isn't the tunes or the TV in the background it is the kid.

If and that is a big if this law passes what's next? Are they going to spy on you in the shower singing while cleaning? Yes I know it sound ridiculous but.....
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast