Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two drives not working now :(

Quote Originally Posted by mmdavis View Post
    AnyDVD 6.8.8.8 had some issues (not sure if it would cause your issue though), try using the current 6.8.9.0 release.
    It's incorrect to assume that this version numbering of the driver will be the same as the AnyDVD release version. Yes, the driver installed by 6.8.9.0 is, in fact, 6.8.8.8.

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
    AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 6.8.8.8 (6.8.8.8 )
    Company: SlySoft, Inc.
    Product: AnyDVD
    Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2011 SlySoft, Inc.
    Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
    Trademarks: AnyDVD and SlySoft are trademarks of SlySoft, Inc.
    FileVersion: 6.8.8.8
    ProductVersion: 6.8.8.8
    Comments: 20111129104649
    PrivateBuild: Release
    SpecialBuild: Windows x64
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

I have verified that this problem is NOT:

1. Registry - as I updated to a previously backed up, working registry.
    2. the product of having two conflicting disk drives, as I have manually unplugged them and still no joy.

However, I HAVE verified that the reason that the drives lose the ability to detect or play media in the drive is AnyDVD. After uninstalling and leaving AnyDvd uninstalled, both drives work perfectly. I can replace the disk in the trays (and have) twenty times and nothing I can do will make the drives not recognize the disks. In other words THE DISK DRIVES WORK PERFECTLY WITH ANYDVD UNINSTALLED.

BUT...The second I install AnyDvd and reboot, if eject a disk and put a new one in I get "Insert a disk."

I noticed that basically when the registry doesn't have the lower filter of AnyDvd it works fine, but when it gets installed nad the registry adds the lower filter of AnyDvd, my drives no longer recognize the disks and say "Insert a Disk."

What is going on in the install of AnyDvd that is killing my drives?
    Last edited by Tick_tock; 11th December 2011 at 20:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick_tock View Post
    I noticed that basically when the registry doesn't have the lower filter of AnyDvd it works fine, but when it gets installed and the registry adds the lower filter of AnyDvd, my drives no longer recognize the disks and say "Insert a Disk."

What is going on in the install of AnyDvd that is killing my drives?
    I think you're going to have to wait on one of the Cods to see this one.
    Your problem is very rare.....

-W

Well, after installation of AnyDVD, when I ejected the disk and put another one in it didn't recognize it, and gave "Insert a disk." Also, oddly, the little slysoft fox didn't install in the system tray this time. I had to reinstall again to get it to show. And after this reinstall the disk (any disk) won't show. Ugh!

The AnyDvd log, is that the huge system info file?

**Edit **

OK Got the log files for both drives. At the moment the "G" drive with "CARSTOONS" is actually not responding, giving the "insert a disk" msg.

Thanks for any help
    Where are these driver files coming from? Have you renamed the VClone.sys driver by Hand? Or are these some malware versions? And that two are running really can't be good.

\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aj2jg918.SYS 04365000 00043000
    Version: 5.4.3.5 (5.4.0.0)
    Company: Elaborate Bytes AG
    Product: Virtual CloneDrive
    Copyright: Copyright © 2002 - 2009 Elaborate Bytes AG
    Description: VirtualCloneCD Driver
    FileVersion: 5, 4, 3, 5
    ProductVersion: 5, 4, 0, 0
    PrivateBuild: No
    SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA

\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\a4wnlp9y.SYS 043a8000 00045000
    Version: 5.4.3.5 (5.4.0.0)
    Company: Elaborate Bytes AG
    Product: Virtual CloneDrive
    Copyright: Copyright © 2002 - 2009 Elaborate Bytes AG
    Description: VirtualCloneCD Driver
    FileVersion: 5, 4, 3, 5
    ProductVersion: 5, 4, 0, 0
    PrivateBuild: No
    SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

James,
    Thanks for your response.

Honestly, I don't think I would even know how to do that. Do you think these could be messing things up?

I don't know if these helps, but I also have Daemon tools and image Burn installed - but that's nothing new, although, I vaguely remember possibly updating ImgBurn recently. Maybe some settings got changed?

But as for the drivers, I don't know where they're from.

James,
    Thanks for your response.

Honestly, I don't think I would even know how to do that. Do you think these could be messing things up?

I don't know if these helps, but I also have Daemon tools and image Burn installed - but that's nothing new, although, I vaguely remember possibly updating ImgBurn recently. Maybe some settings got changed?

But as for the drivers, I don't know where they're from.
    I suggest to uninstall Daemon Tools and Virtual CloneDrive. Reboot. Please post a new logfile when done. AnyDVD working better now?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Ok,
    I uninstalled Virtual Clone Drive, Daemon Tools and ImgBurn. Reboot, and same problem right from the start.

I did a full scan with updated Norton last night, and a MalwareBytes scan this morning and is and was clean

New Logs attached.

I noticed the Clone CD tray was showing and on autostart, for what it's worth.

Ok,
    I uninstalled Virtual Clone Drive, Daemon Tools and ImgBurn. Reboot, and same problem right from the start.

I did a full scan with updated Norton last night, and a MalwareBytes scan this morning and is and was clean

New Logs attached.

I noticed the Clone CD tray was showing and on autostart, for what it's worth.
    Hmm,
    as Peer has suggested in your other thread, this one looks very suspicios:

\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\spfc.sys 010c8000 00127000
    Version: unknown

Tick Tock, Your other (hardware) thread has a couple of things too.

-W

Thanks Clams. I just checked it out. What a bummer.

Even if I can't fix this thing, one thing I definately appreciate is the time people on this forum have taken to try to help me.

THANK YOU