Thread: Burning to external hard drive

Cool Burning to external hard drive

I am using Clone DVD and Any DVD to make backups of my DVDS. I want to burn them to an external hard drive instead of to discs. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks

Create the folder on the external drive you want to rip the movie to, and then just change the output folder in CloneDVD to the folder on the external drive.

Works the same way if you were ripping to folders on an internal drive.

Default thanks

thank you. I've always just burned to a disc so I wasn't sure how to do this. I'll give it a try tonight. Just tired of all of the discs laying around the house!

Quote Originally Posted by mdld View Post
    I am using Clone DVD and Any DVD to make backups of my DVDS. I want to burn them to an external hard drive instead of to discs. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks
    So are you going to just watch the movie format avi from the HDD or iso format?? There are two formats that Anydvd can do as well???? If you go ISO format you will need a program like Virtual clonedrive from slysoft to mount the iso file to watch like a dvd otherwise if it is movie format just watch with the right player to watch from the HDD....