Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OPPO BDP-93/95 FW Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by achilles78 View Post
    If you can see the ISO files then playback is still allowed. The latest firmwares don't even list ISO files. There must be something wrong with their format if the former is true.

I use IMGBURN to make iso files as it corrects the settings for DVD and BD if you have set them wrong.
    Well, the player can see the ISO files I created, but again "File not supported". I tried to make DVD ISO by DVD Decrypter and also by CloneDVD.... the result is still unusable ISO... Something strange is happening here...

Maybe if somebody can create some DVD ISO file that is working on his player and post it to some server for download... I would like to try this.

BTW... I just installed ImgBurn...is there some particular setting necessary to make the ISO
    correctly for OPPO (with old FW as mentioned in the beginning of this thread?)

Thank you

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by grayhound_555 View Post
    Well, the player can see the ISO files I created, but again "File not supported". I tried to make DVD ISO by DVD Decrypter and also by CloneDVD.... the result is still unusable ISO... Something strange is happening here...

Maybe if somebody can create some DVD ISO file that is working on his player and post it to some server for download... I would like to try this.

BTW... I just installed ImgBurn...is there some particular setting necessary to make the ISO
    correctly for OPPO (with old FW as mentioned in the beginning of this thread?)

Thank you

Jan
    well, tried several ISO images...no success.... File not supported... I am confused...

Quote Originally Posted by grayhound_555 View Post
    well, tried several ISO images...no success.... File not supported... I am confused...
    I've used ISO images created by AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, and ImgBurn and haven't experienced any issues that I am aware of with my Oppo BDP-93. I'm still putting off upgrading the firmware.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

I upgraded the firmware without realizing it would cripple my ability to play .iso files. Would the restore to factory default option revert me back to the original firmware or is there anywhere anyone knows to get a previous version and reinstall it?

I've been a longtime legitimate user of SlySoft, and I agree with a few points made here in favor of Oppo's decision, but a few I do not.

I suppose I'm not as easily ready to give Oppo a pass.

If I buy a product, and it has explicitly a set of features on it...as advertised on its own website...which is part of the reason I buy that product...then sometime down the road that company decides to take away those features due to political pressure, then we're in for some unpredictable products who might as well not even have a "Features" list. We might as well just have a blank white page, and just have something that says: "BDP-9x: Has features, but we never know when we'll take them away from you, so just buy the product and take you're chance."

Oppo SHOULD NOT have offered ISO reading in the first place if there was even a hint that the movie industry was going to have a Little Girlie Tantrum. I think it was a selling point--anyone who would plunk down $500 for BD Player is certainly saavy in this area--and Oppo knew it would be a selling point to this particular market. And I'm sure the industry was watching Oppo as well, and I can't imagine there were no talks behind closed doors, cautioning Oppo about ISO feature.

Indeed, the Oppo BDP-93 is a great product. However, let's not excuse a removal of features just because it is a great product.

What Oppo should have done, was include a one-page WARNING pamphlet to consumers--as well as a conspicuous copy on their website on the same page as features--that ISO capability might NOT be a feature in the future, and put the political pressure on the movie industry right away, instead of surprising consumers who were actually using its capability (like me), and then removing it.

So, let me ask anyone here.

What if Oppo is asked to remove the 3D capability from its firmware in the future due to the proprietary nature of the movie industry wanting to release it's own "3D Approved" hardware? What if Oppo gets notification that particular audio streams need to be "unfeatured" for "piracy concerns"?

Because I guarantee it's very possible, due to the paranoid nature of the movie industry and their continuing efforts to release abnormally-controlling software and hardware to lock their content, at the expense of the unassuming consumer who unfortunately finds out AFTER they have purchased the product.

We need to take a stand against this sort of Digital Bullying because it does seem as if products are being "dumbed-down", and features taken away or simply not even offered because the Movie Industry and RIAA have such abnormal control issues over content.

As far as I understand it, and perhaps I'm wrong, opppo only added the ISO functionality in one of the beta firmware releases and later pulled it before it was actually released. Kinda hard for them to warn consumers about a feature they never officially released...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

AFAIK, Oppo added the iso playback capability firstly into the beta release then on the official release. BUT they never advertized it at their website of such 'feature'. In fact, they didn't even mention this in the FW release notes.

Default Back up Blu ray disc

I have some back-up blu ray disc with me which i had purchased in India. Will they play on oppo-93, since the iso function as been removed in the new firmware.

P.S I dint know they were back-up blu rays until i saw my audio muted in my ps3.

I assume that Oppo havent re-instated the blu-ray ISO play back?

Is there a chance that they ever will?

Is there a hacked firmware that enables blu-ray ISO play back?

http://84.24.111.27/oppo/downgrade_oppo.pdf

works with modded oppo bdp 93 and 95

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast