Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Can not make a copy of Insanity THE ASYLUM DVDs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12

    Question Can not make a copy of Insanity THE ASYLUM DVDs

    Hello Guys,
    I have been using ANY DVDHD for years with no issues. I made backup copies of my P90X workout program last novemeber with no issues. I bought the new Insanity the ASYLUM workout program last December and can not make copies of 3 of their 6 DVDs. I was using version 6.9.1.0 and just downloaded the beta 6.9.1.3 and still I get the message from Roxio that the DVD is protected and can not be copied?. Are you guys aware of any special protenction for those DVS?, not sure if there is anything I am missing here?.

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2

    Default

    You can use the search and find out the disks generally are manufactured to a very poor quaility. This is not a protection scheme.

    Additionally you need to read the FAQs, especially Have problems? Please answer these questions when posting, or risk being ignored. . The AnyDVD HD area is for Blu-Ray/HD-DVD material, you've mentioned DVDs.
    Mike

    Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier


    I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Can not make Copies of Insanity the ASYLUM DVDs

    (re-posting as I was in the wrong forum)

    Hello Guys,
    I have been using ANY DVD for years with no issues. I made backup copies of my P90X workout program last novemeber with no issues. I bought the new Insanity the ASYLUM workout program last December and can not make copies of 3 of their 6 DVDs. I was using version 6.9.1.0 and just downloaded the beta 6.9.1.3 and still I get the message from Roxio that the DVD is protected and can not be copied?. Are you guys aware of any special protenction for those DVDs?, not sure if there is anything I am missing here?.

    Thanks for the help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Yes, same old story: it's the DATA

    1. There is no such thing as selective protection

    2. Some work/others don't = some have good data/others don't

    3. Same procedure as ever: plays well does not mean you can copy it and we've seen these discs here before.
    Last edited by Frank; 26th January 2012 at 11:42.
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks Frank and Mike,
    Well, I understand,...however, now I have tried using the same DVDs that I was able to copy last month and now I get the same message from Roxio that the DVD is copy protected and can not be copied??. I have cleaned them throughly..How to explain that I was able to copy these DVDs before and now I am not able to copy them?. I installed anyDVD and the same Roxio DVD maker software on my wifes laptop and still could not get them copy. Thanks for the help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Default OEM burner = usually rip first

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy user View Post
    Thanks Frank and Mike,
    Well, I understand,...however, now I have tried using the same DVDs that I was able to copy last month and now I get the same message from Roxio that the DVD is copy protected and can not be copied??. Thanks for the help.
    To keep this short and uncomplicated, you may want to try this with the "rip video DVD to hard disc..." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

    If you get an error on ripping these now with AnyDVD then we may have a regression issue.
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    To keep this short and uncomplicated, you may want to try this with the "rip video DVD to hard disc..." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

    If you get an error on ripping these now with AnyDVD then we may have a regression issue.
    Frank,
    I tried using the " rip video DVD to hard disk" feature and just before the anyDVD finished copying the DVD into hard drive I got a pop up window with an error message as follows: "FileIO 3 VTS_OS_1.VOB 9089024 14336"...and It did not finish copying the disc...Now I am clueless of what is happening..
    Thanks for the help.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy user View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I have been using ANY DVDHD for years with no issues. I made backup copies of my P90X workout program last novemeber with no issues. I bought the new Insanity the ASYLUM workout program last December and can not make copies of 3 of their 6 DVDs. I was using version 6.9.1.0 and just downloaded the beta 6.9.1.3 and still I get the message from Roxio that the DVD is protected and can not be copied?. Are you guys aware of any special protenction for those DVS?, not sure if there is anything I am missing here?.

    Thanks for the help.
    I can't help you without seeing any logfiles.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Default OK, and moving forward...

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy user View Post
    Frank,
    I tried using the " rip video DVD to hard disk" feature and just before the anyDVD finished copying the DVD into hard drive I got a pop up window with an error message as follows: "FileIO 3 VTS_OS_1.VOB 9089024 14336"...and It did not finish copying the disc...Now I am clueless of what is happening..
    Thanks for the help.
    OK, that is a permanent READ error and as James has requested we need a zip log file from AnyDVD to see exactly what is happening.
    a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
    Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
    "Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

    Attach that ZIP file to your reply using the paper-clip function
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default Log from Insanity DVD 1

    Here is the AnyDVD log file for the first DVD when I tried the AnyDVD option of rip to HD. This is what CloneDVD2 shows when I tried to copy it (printscreen). Anything else I can do to help? I'm having the same issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cybertec89; 27th January 2012 at 14:09. Reason: adding a printscreen of CloneDVD2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •