Thread: Can someone help me with a Torrent file that I need to mount to run a game

Default Can someone help me with a Torrent file that I need to mount to run a game

A friend gave me a link to a games torrent file and I used a couple programs to make an .img file and an .iso file, I have tried to mount each one onto the virtual drive, but I must be doing something wrong, because although I am able to get the img file to show the files within it like the setup.exe and I try to run the exe file, but nothing happens at all.

I have Windows 7 Home premium.

Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.5.0

Could someone explain to me exactly step by step what procedure I have to do, after downloading the torrent file in order to get it to mount and be ale to install.

The instructions given to me were:

1. Mount Or Burn the "Tomb Raider2.img"
    2. Install
    3. Leave image mounted and play game!!

But it doesn't explain to me exactly how this file needs to be properly setup, etc. The file that came out after downloading the torrent was: Tomb Raider2.7z as I use 7Zip.

I seriously need help with this, thanks

slysoft is not in the business of piracy. I would suggest you talk to the person that gave you those instructions or post on the site you got the "torrent" from. Slysoft isnt a torrent business.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

what does piracy have to do with it, it is a free game, a demo, I am just trying to learn how to install files from this way, there are a lot of programs who use this format for installing things and how am I to learn if you guys wont help me.

Added:

I do not ever use pirate programs, you get viruses and it screws up your computer, i am not that dumb. My computer is my life and getting some major virus that screws up the computer means taking it to the repair shop and up to 2 days with my life on hold. Sorry for not adding Demo in the main question, but I didn't think it was going to come to this type of response, but I hope this will clear things up. Not to mention, that I have never been able to properly learn how to use this mounting stuff to install programs, so I do still need help with the knowledge of how to do this stuff. Thank you.
    Last edited by alison22000; 28th January 2012 at 21:47.

Default How to mount a file to install programs or is there a Guide anywhere that explains it

I have a free demo program that gave me the torrent download, so i downloaded and scanned for viruses. I am trying to figure out how to mount it so I am able to install the program. i have gotten it into an ISO and an IMG files, but when I attempt to mount it, I cannot work out how it is meant to install.

I don't know the specific instructions, is there a complete Guide somewhere that explains how to install programs, like a complete guide that will explain how to mount and install multiple programs or files correctly to help me figure this out as it is driving me crazy.

I made a Virtual Drive from Virtual Clone Drive, and think I mounted it, but the program doesn't install, so i need a guide that will give me full step by step instructions for various program/files for mounting and installation, or could someone please explain it to me. Thank you

Ch3vr0n's reply was not uncalled for. The information and recommendation are sound. I would talk to your friend.

Getting a game demo via a torrent is a suspect delivery mechanism especially one like Tomb Raider 2 from a company like Eidos. I've certainly never seen a demo distributed in a 7-Zip archive.

Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. Threads merged.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 28th January 2012 at 23:43.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Unhappy

I never created multiple topics, the other question I posted, I was asking for a guide that explained it, that was actually 2 questions very different, asking for a website to a Guide and asking for someone to help you with giving the instructions are different. Yet the fact remains that I did ask for help on how to use this mounting system, and yet not receiving any help. I have deleted that file just because you guys believe it is piracy, but it still doesn't help me with learning how to use this system for other NON PIRATED things I wish to install.

So am I going to ever be able to get help on how to properly mount files and run them? I am new to this forum and this is the worst day I have ever had to get help from a forum that prouds itself on helping customers and users of your programs, yet I am still waiting on some actual help and instructions for use of this system. I feel that I am being persecuted and put on trial for having feelings and not knowing how to use the virtual drive thing.

I simply came here to ask what is a simple question for you guys and still find myself as confused as ever and now believing that I will never get any help because of a demo game a friend gave me that may have ended up being something else. I have always been a loyal user of Slysoft products. I gather I will never get the support to get the answer to a question that I still need to know for a couple other programs that are definitely not pirated.

Being told to ask your friend isn't something I would expect to hear from a support forum for SlySoft's products where this is where your meant to be able to get the help, maybe if I wait till he gets back from holidays then I can get his answer.

Sorry for bothering you all and embarrassing myself in public, my intentions were noble. Also sorry for using the report option as I did feel I had the right to use it after the response I got, and before anyone mentions the long post, sorry for the long post, You made an honest woman very embarrassed and extremely sad, yet still I always wish everyone the following. Take care of yourselves, and Thanks for the help provided.
    Last edited by alison22000; 29th January 2012 at 00:14. Reason: added information and appology

if it was a free game demo then why do you talk about a torrent. That is highly doubtful for free games. Most ifnot all game publishers that release demo files are self installing .exe files right out of the box after download. I havent seen 1 that uses an archive format such as 7z or even a torrent before that. That's just not done.

Mounting an iso file is easy, basically means loading the iso/img file into a virtual drive produced by software like "Virtual Clone Drive" by slysoft. Burning is even easier, use IMGBurn to burn the image (img/iso) file to disc and you're all done.

This is a website ment to help people yes, people that need help with slysoft products. Torrents have nothing to do with slysoft. The instructions were simple

mount or burn the image file: well that tells you what to do.
    install : tells you too
    final step sais to keep the file mounted if you wish to play: well that also sais what you need to do.

if you mounted the iso and the install doesnt start well then you probably have autorun disabled from windows and need to start the install manually by clicking on the setup.exe file.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

This is getting old, it has nothing to do with Slysoft, I suggest you take it elsewhere. Thankyou.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates