Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides - Why won't AnyDVD work???

Default Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides - Why won't AnyDVD work???

I'd like to back-up my copy of Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides, but AnyDVD won't break the anti-copy software.
    When I "Explore" the DVD the Properties report the size as 67.6GB! It looks as if the movie data has been recorded about 11 times! Since I know this DVD probably is a 8.5GB - what gives?
    Is there a way around this?

Anydvd cracks the decryption just fine if you'll look at the anydvd status window. What you're describing is called "structural protection" and cannot be removed on the fly. If you rip the disc with the built in anydvd ripper you'll end up with the proper double layer size (and no this isnt 8.5GB not even a double layer holds that, the 8.5 is in japanese gigabytes and those use 1000 per GB not 1024 wich it should be. The max a double layer holds is 7.96GB but thats besides the quesion).

Use the anydvd ripper or any ripper that rips via TITLESET and not FILESET to get the correct output size
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Default AnyDVD Ripper

I tried to use the AnyDVD ripper and keep getting a "CloneMap 2" error.

'fraid I'm a real newbe. Am I doing something wrong? All I did is chose a destination other than the default.

Thanks for your help!

David.

Then you need to provide an anydvd logfile. That will help tell us what the problem is with the disc. could be anything, from a bad disc to new protections. Rightclick the fox tray icon (in your system tray at the bottom right of the screen) and select "create logfile". Then hit the "post reply" button here (don't use quick reply) and attach the created logfile to it and post the reply. We can't help you till we have that logfile
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Default AnyDVD Ripper

Here 'ya go.

Would it be a good idea to use Clone DVD along with AnyDVD?

Thanks again,

David.

You are using older version, upgrade anydvd then try again.

Latest offical version 6.9.1.0 and beta 6.9.1.8.
    Last edited by Hawk; 3rd February 2012 at 18:38.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Default AnyDVD Ripper

Good Idea. Should have thought of that. Still doesn't work though.
    Getting a "CloneMap 2" message.

Hmm...

Let try beta as well and see if it works if not post log file over here. Then we can proceed foward.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Default AnyDVD Ripper

I downloaded 6.9.1.8 beta and tried AnyDVD Ripper again.
    Same "CloneMap 2" message.

Wouldn't have gotten this far without you. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflacone View Post
    I downloaded 6.9.1.8 beta and tried AnyDVD Ripper again.
    Same "CloneMap 2" message.

Wouldn't have gotten this far without you. Thanks.
    You have messed up your AnyDVD settings. Click "default".
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.