Thread: The Big Year Ripping issues

Default The Big Year Ripping issues

I am unable to rip to image The Big Year passed 1%.... I have tried it with two different bluray drives each time I get an error reading sectors:1918xx-1918xx, but the numbers change each time I reload the disk. Can anyone assist me with this issue? I have also attached the log files too. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you get read errors then it's either a faulty/dirty disc or a failing drive as Blu-ray discs don't contain structural protections. You could see if there's a firmware update for the drive and see if that helps. You might find that the BH10LS30 firmware works with it.
    Last edited by Adbear; 21st February 2012 at 14:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    If you get read errors then it's either a faulty/dirty disc or a failing drive as Blu-ray discs don't contain structural protections. You could see if there's a firmware update for the drive and see if that helps. You might find that the BH10LS30 firmware works with it.
    Thanks for the suggestion I will see about the firmware updates, but I can watch the movie just fine from those same two drives using my arcsoft totalmedia software... I only have an issue when I go to rip them using anydvd. This bluray disc also plays okay in my Bluray player.

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Reading/ripping a disc is not the same as playing as explained in this sticky (you did read the stickies before you posted, right?):

Getting read errors with Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs? The problem is on your end.