Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copy problem with Disney CARS2 (w/Log)

Quote Originally Posted by Getrdone View Post
    I'm using an older DVD burner NEC (ND-3500A). I’m not sure, if it’ll burn a Dual Layer DVD. If so, I’ll have to get one to try out.

I have tried using QuickTime, WINDVD and the VLC media player that was suggested with the same result. I even tried using on my stand alone DVD player. There was sound for all the movie previews, trailers and clips, but no sound for the movie.

I’ve also double checked to ensure all of the audio streams were checked on Clone DVD2. They were all checked by default.
    Go back to the link in whatever_gong82's post. If you don't want to use double-layer media, figure out which one is the correct audio track and check only that one for ripping.

According to NEC's support page for the ND-3500A, it will burn DVD+R DL media. (Be sure it's +R, not -R.) You can also copy 1:1 to ISO (with either the AnyDVD ripper or ImgBurn) and load the ISO using VCD.
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 5th March 2012 at 16:04. Reason: Clarify

I just tried this to see if I got the same results. DVD-5, title 39 angle 1 only (unchecked all others) English Dolby AC-3/6 audio and it works a treat on a single layer blank. Mine is US R1 NTSC as well.

Thanks Spanky.. I did what you suggested, but the actual movie will not play. It seems to skip right past it (almost like it don't exist on the DVD). Everything else seems to work fine, but no movie.

I guess I failed to mentioned I used Copy DVD titles, and did only the movie, no menus or anything else. I got a 100% backup on a single layer disk - no compression.

That did the trick Spanky. Thanks for all your help.

You bet

I've encountered the same issue before. I just use the default settings, with 99% of disks coming out fine. Cars 2 did the same for me.