Thread: Making a backup of a backup

Default Making a backup of a backup

I have a DVD that I bought on Ebay that I want to back up. I made a copy of the original, and none too soon, because the original went bad on me. Now I want to make a backup from the backup copy that I made.

Is there anything that prevents making a good copy from a another copy? I know this was very dicey back in VHS days because the quality degraded considerably. Does any degradation of quality happen with DVDs and DVD-Rs?

Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by lugosi View Post
    Is there anything that prevents making a good copy from a another copy? ... Does any degradation of quality happen with DVDs and DVD-Rs?
    No and no. DVDs and DVD-Rs might fail to read properly at some point, but until they do, you can make copies with the same quality.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.