Thread: Converting Audible files to MP3

Default Converting Audible files to MP3

I am so very happy with all of the products that I have from SlySoft, but I would be even happier if you had a product that would be kept updated that would convert files from one format to another. In this particular case I am looking for a program that I can trust to have a long and productive life, one that would convert audible files to MP3's. Any suggestions out there?

SlySoft has spoiled me with the ease of use for all the programs I have used, and for keeping current. Thank you! Sheila

Though this belongs in "Third Party Products" probably, i've personally found there's no match to "DB Poweramp Converter". Does a superb job, has codecs packs for it and does batch converting (entire folders ..., including subdirectories) and supports multi-core processors
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Audio from Audible ist protected and can't just be converted.
    You need to burn the files using iTunes on a CD(-RW) as Audio CD and than rip it back.
    Other way you can do it use iTunes and a ThridParty programm wich emulates an empty CD and "burn" AudioCD there.
    Since its emulated take only a a few minutes and you can directly rip the audio after that from the emulated CD.

Keep in mind the audio has a watermark wich can always identify the buyer.
    Last edited by tectpro; 23rd March 2012 at 07:16.

Another way is to, literally, record the stream from the sound card with the likes of Audacity recorder function.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manu..._basics_4.html
    Last edited by transporterfan; 23rd March 2012 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Another way is to, literally, record the stream from the sound card with the likes of Audacity recorder function.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manu..._basics_4.html
    Watermark will be still there and it will take long timeusing audacity, depending on the length of the audible audiobook.

I use Musicmatch Plus to convert any audio sound, like off the stereo radio, mike to MP3 at 128kbps and burn to a CD-R blank disk.

If you want to edit the MP3 before burning to a CD-R I use MP3 direct cut.

Also, works great for copying commercial CD-R audio disks.
    Fast Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by tectpro View Post
    Watermark will be still there and it will take long timeusing audacity, depending on the length of the audible audiobook.
    Thanks for that about the watermark. I learned something today.