Thread: Matshita typical problem

Default Matshita typical problem

Hi,

I'm not a "power user" (forewarned...), but I bought a new laptop, and while my long standing Any DVD has allowed me to make DVD back up copies on a hard drive up to now, I'm getting this region problem.

AnyDVD tells me to flash the drive, as if... but in any event, the rp1 forum it directs me to indicates that this drive, Matshita BD MLT UJ240AFW in my new Asus N55S is not supported by the patch.

On some DVDs, it works fine, but others give the warning. Could you direct me somewhere I can read about what do, and what might work?

Thanks, Ira

That's the problem with MatSHITa drives, unlike most dvd drives that have the region code in the firmware (software) matshita drives are HARDWARE CODED with a region. They give anydvd a hard time decrypting (if it will at all) because it will tell AnyDVD the region of the drive regardless of what you select. The only solution is to 1) decrypt the disc on another computer or 2) swap the drive for a non-matshita one
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    That's the problem with MatSHITa drives, unlike most dvd drives that have the region code in the firmware (software) matshita drives are HARDWARE CODED with a region. They give anydvd a hard time decrypting (if it will at all) because it will tell AnyDVD the region of the drive regardless of what you select. The only solution is to 1) decrypt the disc on another computer or 2) swap the drive for a non-matshita one
    Anyway, I know now that it's hopeless trying. Stupid. That really annoys me. I suppose I could buy an external drive for ripping purposes, and then run that through a usb connection, but what a pain in the...

Any suggestions on a good, cheap external?

ya can't go wrong with LG. There's a reason i use 3 of em
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500