Thread: Problem: 2 different Lite-on's, 2 different results

Default Problem: 2 different Lite-on's, 2 different results

I was trying to back up a BD movie on my Lite-on iHBS112 (CL0K firmware), and AnyDVD HD 7.0.2.6 (beta but licensed) cannot see the disc. Not a peep from AnyDVD HD as to a clue that a BD was inserted.

I have another PC that has a different Lite-on BD drive. iHES206 (6L0B firmware), and AnyDVD HD sees the BD right away. No problem what-so-ever.

Anyone experiencing this type of behavior on new BDs? I am noticing more and more discs are not able to be read with my iHBS112 drive. Older BD discs show up instantly, but it seems newer ones are not showing up.

Are these BD's showing up in Windows explorer without ANYDVD running? I use a 112 CLOK as my primary reading drive, haven't had a moment of trouble.

Default Not SO unusual

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    I was trying to back up a BD movie on my Lite-on iHBS112 (CL0K firmware), and AnyDVD HD 7.0.2.6 (beta but licensed) cannot see the disc. Not a peep from AnyDVD HD as to a clue that a BD was inserted.

I have another PC that has a different Lite-on BD drive. iHES206 (6L0B firmware), and AnyDVD HD sees the BD right away. No problem what-so-ever.
    That indicates the "borderline" phenomenon. Some pressings are at the edge of the readable window and some drives will simply not see them. We've seen DVDs behave the same way. It is not an evil protection but a poor off-standard production. One drive is able to see these, others not.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

I just tried Three Musketeers on BD. My existing Lite-on iHBS112 didn't see it. PowerDVD didn't see it or AnyDVD HD.

I purchased a new Lite-on iHBS212 today and it saw the disc immediately. Perhaps the 112 is starting to wear out? It's about a year old.

Just strange how some BDs the 112 sees them immediately, while others it scans and scans, but reports nothing inserted. No strange noises either or clicking sounds while reading disc.

Just wanted to report back that it may be a drive going bad. Not sure.