Thread: Disc types

Default Disc types

Which type of disc (DVD-R or DVD+R) is best to use with the slysoft software?? I have been using DVD-R but coworkers have said I need to use DVD+R. Figured I'd see what fellow users were using.

Thanks!

~Lubs

Anyone????

Quote Originally Posted by Lubslimegreen View Post
    Which type of disc (DVD-R or DVD+R) is best to use with the slysoft software?? I have been using DVD-R but coworkers have said I need to use DVD+R. Figured I'd see what fellow users were using.

Thanks!

~Lubs
    The manufacturer is more important than the type. Either works well for single layer discs. If you are using double layer, always use +R. I use single layer -R and don't have any problems.
    - AnyDVD HD, CloneBD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, Game Jackal
    - Plextor PX760A
    - Taiyo Yuden Premium 8x -R, Verbatim 6x +R DL

I would add to that that when buying Verbatim or TY discs make sure you get them from a reputable source as there are a lot of fakes out there

ALWAYS use DVD+R for speed and book type settings. I don't even have any DVD-R blank disks in my stockpile anymore.

Let Imgburn identify the true type of blank disk your are using.
    Fast Eddie

Thumbs up

Sorry for the delay in my replying back to you all. I appreciate all your comments. Once I use my stash of DVD-R's I will be switching to DVD+R's since they seem to be the popular choice.