Thread: General observation...

Default General observation...

If they can make the DVD's in Librarys "Copy proof"..why dont they do it to all the ones in the video stores? just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    If they can make the DVD's in Librarys "Copy proof"..why dont they do it to all the ones in the video stores? just sayin...
    what are you talking about? The DVDs in libraries are the same one you purchase from a store or rent. AnyDVD has no problem decrypting library DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincipalityFusion View Post
    what are you talking about? The DVDs in libraries are the same one you purchase from a store or rent. AnyDVD has no problem decrypting library DVDs.
    well, it must be my clone DVD b/c i get to 70% & it freezes...

Ever think it could be the discs or your drive? Maybe you should follow the instructions in the AnyDVD forum and post an AnyDVD logfile for one of these discs. (I'm assuming you are using AnyDVD to decrypt the discs just like you have to with store bought discs)

well, it must be my clone DVD b/c i get to 70% & it freezes...
    Sounds more like bad media....and not reading the sticky before asking for help again????

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

I borrow copious amounts of DVDs from my local library and can attest to just how badly the average library patron treats them. Scratches, dirty or filmy (I've found food smeared on DVDs occasionally), and bent is quite common, especially with family/kid related DVDs. On average I report 5-10% of the DVDs I borrow from the library as being unplayable due to damage. I have to clean 95% of all the DVDs I borrow due to fingerprints and other dirt buildup on the physical media. More than a few won't even play in stand-alone players without errors due to damage or other problems with the DVD.

This is not some evil copy protection demanded by your library system, just inconsiderate/inattentive patrons that don't bother to take care of what they borrow because "it isn't my DVD".

Any popular title that the library system has had for more than a couple of weeks shows increasing signs of unplayability, which is why I generally get documentaries and other "unpopular" titles from my local library. Less usage means less chances of being damaged.

For Library DVDs I use a product called Plexus, which is a cleaner and polish for plastic.
    90% of the time, it will allow you to back up.
    There is no such thing as IDIOT PROOF. Idiots are much too clever.

They are not "copy proof" - they are abused.
    Likely full of FILE_IO3 errors.

-W