Thread: 2D/3D Blu Ray To Folder

Default 2D/3D Blu Ray To Folder

Hello All,
    I have been a happy AnyDVD HD user for some time however have had trouble of late with some discs which contain the 2D & 3D version of the film.

I downloaded a trial of DVD Fab which had the option to rip to hard drive as 2D or 3D and worked a treat (resulting 2D file was 13GB for an animated movie around 90 mins long). It can then easily be compressed with Ripbot264.

Ihave no interest in he 3D versions just want to be able to get a 2D file from it.

Is anyone aware as to whether this feature is planned to be added to AnyDVd HD?

Quote Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Machina View Post
    Hello All,
    I have been a happy AnyDVD HD user for some time however have had trouble of late with some discs which contain the 2D & 3D version of the film.

I downloaded a trial of DVD Fab which had the option to rip to hard drive as 2D or 3D and worked a treat (resulting 2D file was 13GB for an animated movie around 90 mins long). It can then easily be compressed with Ripbot264.

Ihave no interest in he 3D versions just want to be able to get a 2D file from it.

Is anyone aware as to whether this feature is planned to be added to AnyDVd HD?
    Nothing to add. Just use "whatever tool you like" on the original disc in the drive.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nothing to add. Just use "whatever tool you like" on the original disc in the drive.
    I think that's what the OP was doing when he was having problems. Nonetheless, a fix would be hard to implement considering AnyDVD HD isn't designed to be a ripper--that is, unless a 2D-vs.-3D option was added to the file ripper. (It makes no sense with the ISO ripper; for 2D-only ISOs you'd need a 2D-only file rip plus ImgBurn.)

OP: Did you try RipBot264 on the original disc with AnyDVD HD active? If so, what kind of problems did you run into? (The only one I can imagine is picking the right playlist; most movie-only rip tools blissfully ignore all BD3D files, i.e., SSIFs.)

I have never used Ripbot straight from the disc, I always us AnyDVDHD to rip the disc to the HDD then work from there as sometimes I need to load the .mpls into TS Muxer to stitch together the various streams on branching discs. I'll try your suggestion RBBrittain and see what happens.

OK other than taking what feels like 5 years to analyze and demux it seems to work using Ripbot with anydvd HD running in the background. Ripbot comes up with the "left eye" only for encoding.

Thanks for your assistance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Machina View Post
    OK other than taking what feels like 5 years to analyze and demux it seems to work using Ripbot with anydvd HD running in the background. Ripbot comes up with the "left eye" only for encoding.

Thanks for your assistance guys.
    On 2D/3D discs, the "2D" movie is one eye of the 3D movie (in this case, the left)--that is, unless the movie's small enough to put a separate 2D encode on the disc. (That's why most 3D releases, including virtually all of Disney's, have a separate 2D disc.) In other words, the ripper did its job.

Edit: You could have also made an HDD rip and then used Ripbot to make 2D movies from it. The issue with HDD rips of 3D movies is the SSIF (right-eye) file contains separate copies of the data normally picked up from the M2TS (left-eye) file, as the "crosslinking" method used on original discs isn't allowed in HDD filesystems. That usually makes the rip folder exceed the 50GB limit on dual-layer BDs, but it does not affect 2D-only rip tools like Ripbot; they look only at the M2TS, not the SSIF.
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 14th April 2012 at 11:05. Reason: Expand