Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Trial version

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Antigua, West Indies
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erkunder View Post
    So why not restrict trial use to AnyDVD non-HD for new customers, too? I don't see why a hitherto non-HD customer should not be allowed to try HD while a fresh customer is. Are there more technical reasons with e.g. licence handling?
    Of course, it's technical reasons and only that kind.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

    Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erkunder View Post
    So why not restrict trial use to AnyDVD non-HD for new customers, too? I don't see why a hitherto non-HD customer should not be allowed to try HD while a fresh customer is. Are there more technical reasons with e.g. licence handling?
    I go as far as call that cheating and you have to pay for something if you want support for it or continued development to update and improve the software. Otherwise there is just the plain Anydvd itself there is no excuse for trying to get something for nothing. And how and whom would be known as a new customer??? A prior customer can use another family member CC to buy Anydvd and claim to be a new customer and thus bypass any kinda of checks and balances thus putting the rest of us LTL of Anydvd HD at a disadvantage and hurting all legit users of Anydvd HD at the same time whom paid good money for have the "HD" benefit. So want HD buy the Anydvd HD even if you don't use it you will have the benefits there when you upgrade to a BD burner drive you will already be ahead of the pack.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recycle View Post
    I go as far as call that cheating and you have to pay for something if you want support for it or continued development to update and improve the software. Otherwise there is just the plain Anydvd itself there is no excuse for trying to get something for nothing. And how and whom would be known as a new customer??? A prior customer can use another family member CC to buy Anydvd and claim to be a new customer and thus bypass any kinda of checks and balances thus putting the rest of us LTL of Anydvd HD at a disadvantage and hurting all legit users of Anydvd HD at the same time whom paid good money for have the "HD" benefit. So want HD buy the Anydvd HD even if you don't use it you will have the benefits there when you upgrade to a BD burner drive you will already be ahead of the pack.
    By your arguments there shouldn't be ANY trial users. The trial is limited to 21 days so you can determine if AnyDVD (regular or HD) works for you before buying; its functionality is also restricted. After all, everyone starts out as a n00b.

    I'd rather just accept Peer's response, which is understandable, and be done with it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Done is done

    Further discussion here is pointless.
    Peer is correct, there are technical reasons for no second trial and that is that.

    BTW: there are no functionality restrictions in the trial. Unlike many other vendors we do not limit functionality during the trial.

    Closing.
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    BTW: there are no functionality restrictions in the trial. Unlike many other vendors we do not limit functionality during the trial.
    This is not completely true. Trial versions won't save preferences, so if AnyDVD is restarted, all settings (like region code, speed menu choices, ...) must be set up again.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Cool ah ... right

    Yes, I forgot about that.
    I had focused on the basic functionality of disc in/scan/that's all folks

    Thanks for pointing that out, James.
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,716

    Default

    Just for the sake of being complete trials can't use the update server, as well, so there is a small limitation there.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

    My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Yes and ...

    Of course, but the ORIGINAL question was not about the difference between a trial and a licensed version, but if one can "trial" the HD functions.

    No, one can't - it is not necessary and not possible for technical reasons.
    Frank Hollander

    SlySoft Inc., Support Team
    _______________________

    One of the last Wild Ducks


    PMs will only be answered if really private.

    Thanks!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •