Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My recent movies are darkening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsabath View Post
    So for example last night I was watching immortals and every night scene for the most part my tv got very very dim and when the scene changed to more of a daylight the brightness picked up. Some of the night scenes I could see fine but you can 100% notice a difference in the brightness when it's working and when it's not.
    I just had a thought...

I wonder if your TV has some sort of automatic picture adjustment (that works in the background).

We bought an LG TV a few months ago, and the picture changed in brightness with every scene (either broadcast TV or watching a DVD). I went into the picture settings and turned an auto setting off and that cured it for us. It was something like auto brightness or auto contrast or something. (It was a pain of a feature and should have been disabled by default).
    It's not copying... it's backing up
    Download AnyDVD HD - Get The Latest Stable Version HERE

I Have the same it also does it in avi or mp4 files on the computer or any other device but it doesn't do it with all the movies it is like a macrovision protection

Quote Originally Posted by raymon07373 View Post
    I Have the same it also does it in avi or mp4 files on the computer or any other device but it doesn't do it with all the movies it is like a macrovision protection
    Macrovision protection only comes with VHS Tapes, not DVDs.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

Quote Originally Posted by vze2mp9g View Post
    I've got many DVDs that say Copy Protected, and underneath, Macrovision on them.
    Here's the displayed logo...(the word Macrovision is missing, but it was the first image I found).

Last edited by mike20021969; 9th May 2012 at 10:26.
    It's not copying... it's backing up
    Download AnyDVD HD - Get The Latest Stable Version HERE

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by vze2mp9g View Post
    I have seen dozens of DVDs that have a short clip the DVD is protected by Macrovision, as one of the annoying clips intro/outro clips that plays before or after playing the regular content. Universal discs seem to be the most prevalent in having Macrovision, mostly TV show collections.

If DVDs don't have Macrovsion (Analog Protection System) as a possible protection, then why is one of the feature you can remove listed as Analog Protection System? Right clock that selectable option and it says, in part, "(Macrovision)",

Quote Originally Posted by FurryGuy View Post
    I have seen dozens of DVDs that have a short clip the DVD is protected by Macrovision, as one of the annoying clips intro/outro clips that plays before or after playing the regular content. Universal discs seem to be the most prevalent in having Macrovision, mostly TV show collections.

If DVDs don't have Macrovsion (Analog Protection System) as a possible protection, then why is one of the feature you can remove listed as Analog Protection System? Right clock that selectable option and it says, in part, "(Macrovision)",
    I admit, I WAS WRONG in saying Macrovision is only for VHS tapes! But Macrovision is checked as a DEFAULT in AnyDVD, and it's mostly used with older DVDs like TV shows. If no one plays arround with the original settings in AnyDVD, they shouldn't have thier original discs getting darker and lighter.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

I did not change any of the settings left everything default and it still does it on some movies not all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12