Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backing up 3D Bluray AnyDVD/HD

Default Backing up 3D Bluray AnyDVD/HD

Hi All,

I've been backing up my bluray collection for a while now and have had no issues whatsoever. I've been using "AnyDVD/HD" , "BD Rebuilder" and Image Burn to accomplish this. Never a problem........However when I got to a few of my 3D Blurays (Captain America, Immortals etc...) they ripped, backed up and created into an ISO just fine. They even burned 100% with no errors. But when I tried to play them they would just try and load forever on my bluray players (PS3 and Media PC). On the meadia PC it would even say it couldn't read or load one of the files.....Very bizzare. Maybe it is having a problem when AnyDVD/HD is ripping it to the ISO and not copying over a file?

Any ideas would be appreciated.........

Regards.

Check you settings in AnyDVD HD, I've done quite few 3D movies and they all play back fine. You might want to try running the original disc with AnyDVD HD running and see if the disc plays back on your PC before spending the time ripping etc. If it plays ok, then rip to ISO then mount the ISO and try playing that on the PC, if that then works then it's something to do with either the media you're using or the players

Question

Why'd this get moved? Not very user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    Check you settings in AnyDVD HD, I've done quite few 3D movies and they all play back fine. You might want to try running the original disc with AnyDVD HD running and see if the disc plays back on your PC before spending the time ripping etc. If it plays ok, then rip to ISO then mount the ISO and try playing that on the PC, if that then works then it's something to do with either the media you're using or the players
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tips..................

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    Ok, my original played withe AnyDVD/HD running in the background and it played on my PC. I then ripped it into an ISO. I mounted the ISO with AnyDVD/HD running in the back ground and no problems there. I guess the next thing to try is compressing it to under 25gb with BD-Rebuilder and trying that ISO. If that works then I'll change media and see what happens......................

Thanks again.

Default No Luck

It seemed to work until I compressed it to under 25gb with BD-Rebuilder. I don't think the problem is in AnyDVD/HD because I was able to rip it as an ISO and it mounted and played fine before I tried to compress using BD-Rebuilder.

I posted the issue at BD-Rebuilder as a possible bug. Here's what I posted there:

I've used BD-Rebuilder for quite some time and really never had an issue......Unitl recently I've never really gotten an error that I couldn't figure out. I've been backing up my collection of Blurays for a while now (whenever I get a chance) and have always been realitvely successful. However using the latest Beta Ver. 40.09 I'm unable to successfully back up my 3D versions of my collection. Here's basically what happens:

I put my original in and run AnyDvd/HD and it will play (do this to test). I then rip the entire disc to an ISO. I then mount the ISO and run it again (while AnyDvd/HD is in the background) and play it to again make sure it plays while mounted in the ISO format. I then turnoff AnyDvd/HD and run BD-Rebuilder. The software see's the movie and I check off the few options like 25GB file and turn into an ISO using Image Burn...........

Here's where the mystery comes. It does everything like normal, doesn't come up with any errors and then creates an ISO via Image Burn........However when I either burn to a Disc or Mount it as an Image when it has been compressed under 25GB the image will not play either in my PS3 (under a year old with newest firmware) or on my media PC using PowerDVD 11 (latest update). In the PC it tries to load forever and on the Media PC running PowerDVD 11 Ultra it says that "Cyberlink Power DVD could not read a file on this disc, playback will stop"

Any other Bluray I back up in my collection will playback fine. It is only the 3D blurays that are having the error/problems.

Any Ideas.........?

Rig Specs:

Bluray Burner: LG GBW-H20L
    Processor FX-8120
    Hard Drives 128GB Kingston SSD & Hitachi 1TB Sata II ATA
    Memory: 16GB Dual Channel

You can't shrink 3D discs in BD rebuilder as 3D, you might want to check out the folder structure and make sure you don't have the SSIF folder in the shrunk disc, if you do see how much space it's taking up

There's no point in checking out the structure on the shrunk disc cause the SSIF folder won't be there. BDRB ignores it just like Clown_BD
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Didn't realize that as I've never tried to shrink a 3D movie using BD rebuilder as I never saw the point of doing it if it can't keep the 3D aspect of the disc

So basically BD-Rebuilder can't compress down a 3D Bluray? That kind of stinks. Is there any other software available that can keep the 3D aspect and compress the video?

If not I'll live..... :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast