Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain America - Trouble Copying

Default Captain America - Trouble Copying

Hi -

I'm trying to make a copy of Captain America, using Any DVD and CloneDVD2 I'm getting the following error.

Invalid Block Start Code.

I also tried to rip directly using AnyDVD, but it gets hung up at 33% completion, which is also the same spot that CloneDVD gets hung up on.

I've tried cleaning the disc and using two different drives, It may just be a bad disc, but I thought I would try the forum for help.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

You need to set your drive's region. Completely exit AnyDVD before you set the region and try again. Still having problems, post a new log file after setting your region.

Agreed....

-W

Question hmmmm...

Setting the DVD drive region to non-0 is anyway always good but I doubt it will fix this.

This error normally means the process used to write the content to this DVD had a serious error as defined, one or more Start Blocks might be coruppted by a prior copying process or by the source device covering critical read errors.

Let's do this:

Please try to use the AnyDVD ripper "rip video dvd...." option on the right mouse click menu on the AnyDVD tray fox icon and then burn from the Hard Drive folder this creates and NOT the DVD. You may need to allow some extra time for the copy to the hard drive.

This is not a protection.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FurryGuy View Post
    You need to set your drive's region. Completely exit AnyDVD before you set the region and try again. Still having problems, post a new log file after setting your region.
    I would say as the Frank says leaving the Region as it came as "0" isn't the problem and I will atest my desktop and 5 laptop are "0" Region and have not problem backing up dvd or BD media.

Default That thing you do

For several years I had my region set as "0" had never a problem ripping blu ray or dvds to my hard drive.

A while back I used clonedvd to back up "That thing you do" to a hard drive folder 7.63gb in size when my region was set as "0"

No problem at all ripping to the drive.

I tried playing the movie from the folder via total media theatre 3 and playback was all garbled plus skipping/playing a little faster than normal.

I then set my region code to "1" ( my region code )

I then used clonedvd a second time to rip the movie to my hard drive.

Playback is now perfect!

I don't have the original dvd at the moment to see what would happen if I tried again with the region set as "0" but wanted to see if Recycle would try ripping this particular title ( with no compression! ) and see if it plays from the folder on his system.

Wink Waiting on feedback

In general, it is best to have the drive's region non-0 and if this has not been an issue for some then all is well. AnyDVD will flag the need for that with an error usually and even in the event of a successful rip, changing this to non-0 often leads to success.

But that is not the issue here. I'd like to know how the user is coming along now with my suggestion to try a "rip video..." function as an exception.
    It *may* work but that error is not a protection and I suspect his disc is simply defective.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eldoog View Post
    Hi -

I'm trying to make a copy of Captain America, using Any DVD and CloneDVD2 I'm getting the following error.

Invalid Block Start Code.

I also tried to rip directly using AnyDVD, but it gets hung up at 33% completion, which is also the same spot that CloneDVD gets hung up on.

I've tried cleaning the disc and using two different drives, It may just be a bad disc, but I thought I would try the forum for help.

Thanks!
    I have the same Problem, I have tried changing drives and using different software to rip it dvdshrink 3, Roxio, and ripbot64. While checking the information window in anydvd is says the dvd is still copyright protected. Help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    I have the same Problem, I have tried changing drives and using different software to rip it dvdshrink 3, Roxio, and ripbot64. While checking the information window in anydvd is says the dvd is still copyright protected. Help would be appreciated
    None of which can handle newer copy protection file systems, you should try ripping to harddrive first then trying to run the rip through those programs

Yes - Rip to FOLDER using AnyDVD and import that rip into the proggy of your choice.

-W