Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AnyDVD is acting weird

Default AnyDVD is acting weird

Hello. I'm having a problem with AnyDVD, using 7.0.4.0. I also tried 7.0.4.1 beta to see if it would fix it to no avail. What happens is when AnyDVD finishes ripping a DVD to the harddisk, at the 99% mark it stops and causes Windows 7 to give me the popup message that AnyDVD has stopped working and that Windows will look for the reason it has stopped. I click OK and AnyDVD ends. I check the DVD files with Shrink 32 and all is ok, it has ripped the entire disc with no problems other than the stop at the 99% mark. Obviously, this has never happened before with any other versions of AnyDVD and I have no idea what Windows 7 file would be causing the problem, if that's the case.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit

Any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Normally AnyDVD says "DONE" when it it's 100%.
    Since you are actually getting a good rip - it sounds like the way something in windows is handling the completion message. (I trust you've tried this with many disks and are sure?)
    Very odd indeed???

-W (at a loss)

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Did you install some software around the time AnyDVD started having this problem?

Posting a system information log might help narrow down what might be making Windows act weird.

Click Start>All Programs>Slysoft>AnyDVD>AnyDVD System Information. Attach the resulting zip file in a new reply so the developers can have a look.

Default Here is the Zip you asked for

Here is the system attachment. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by wdustman View Post
    Here is the system attachment. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. Now wait until the experts have a chance to look at the sys log and see if anything stands out.

You could try disabling any antivirus/antispyware software and see if that fixes it, especially as you seem to have quite a few installed

Question Environmental issue?

99% errors like this point to a problem properly closing the task. Since the content is OK then this is likely a hardware or environment issue. I notice you have quite a few processes running twice. This may cause some strange issues.

Is the first rip after a reboot completing OK?
    I'd look to see why you have some elements running twice.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Clean out your hard drive and registry in Windows 7.

Windows defender and Windows firewall set correctly for options in the Windows 7 control panel?

CCleaner and JV16 power tools are great clean out tools.

Clean out your old restore points and establish new restore points every week.

In Windows 7 be sure you have Recovery and OS system back-up turned on and do a back-up every two weeks to a seperate hard drive like a 500GB USB hard drive.

Clean out dead files and defrag more often.

Anti-virus options set correctly?
    Fast Eddie

I will take all these recommendations to heart and do them right away. My anti-virus programs are set correctly. I have windows defender set correctly but may remove it. I have norton security suite (free with Comcast) and it is my anti-virus and also the spyware and firewall program. But it was set prior to AnyDVD's problem. I will check the double running programs and fix them, that could be the issue. Thanks for the help and I will keep you informed.

Just because they were working doesn't mean that an update may not now be causing an issue.
    For example, there was an update out for Microsoft security essentials which is now causing us issues with editing software whereas before that update everything worked fine.