Want to discuss the schedule and what's taking so long or other political stuff?
Open a new thread. This one is for questions about features!!!!
TIP: Want to discuss CINAVIA and Slyce?
Go here: https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=54331
Pro TIP: Want to "discuss" the Slyce release date?
Go here: https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=56594
Latest Update 11/03/2013
I will try to regularly update this topic with new info.
Items marked with * are new info from the previous topic version. Topic version will change with each update.
With the approval of Tom Xiang, who's behind the translations for the Slysoft products I can disclose the following. Let me put ALL doubts there WILL be a product as I am currently translating it. In this topic you'll find info about slyce, and how it works.
SECTION I.a: INTRODUCTION
I.a.1: Who am I?
On the forums i go by the nick Ch3vr0n, and I'm in charge of the dutch translations on ALL slysoft products. Do i work for slysoft? No, do i get payed for my translation work? No, so if you think of joining the translators team and get payed for it, think again. However if you have suggestions on language improvements for Dutch, let me know.
I.a.2: What is Slyce?
Slyce, is the name of the product by Slysoft that will be able to backup your existing Blu-ray discs so you can safely store the originals away and use your backups for playback. It's almost the same as CloneDVD2 & CloneDVD Mobile combined into 1 product, but this time for blu-ray discs. Will CloneDVD2 ever be updated to handle blu-ray discs? No, its a totally different product.
Section I.b: F.A.Q.*
I.b.1: What will Slyce Cost?
The current price for the subscriptions is at this moment unknown. The only ones that possibly do are Slysoft themselves and have not yet released such info.
I.b.2: When will Slyce be released?
This is also unknown at this point. Originally Slyce was scheduled to be released late 2012. The ESTIMATED TIMEFRAME has been scrapped, and they hope for an early alpha or beta release(take somewhere in early 2014. (Note the wording alpha/beta release means NOT the final product) So don't expect an immediate release.
I.b.3: Why has it not been released as originally indicated?
Slysoft has run into some last minute issues that need to be resolved before they can go to final testing. I have myself also not yet received the final build to update the language file as i was notified that there would be a more things to translate. Since i have not yet received that build (and neither have the other translators), the language files are also probably not up-to-date with the current internal (slysoft only) build of Slyce. So before they can release the final product, all languages would have to be updated, sent to slysoft & get integrated for final testing. When i get new info you'll know
I.b.4: Will Slyce handle Cinavia?
This question has a double answer. Yes and no. No meaning it will NOT handle cinavia on the initial release. Cinavia is not yet widespread enough to embed support for it. For the record, Cinavia will require some form of audio recoding or modification, this is beyond the scope of anydvd too. Anydvd will NOT be updated ever to handle cinavia. Now on to Yes part, when Cinavia becomes more widespread across blu-ray & dvd, slysoft will add support for it in a future update.
I.b.5: Can Slyce handle 3D Blu-rays?
This question also has a yes and no answer. Yes it will handle 3D BD's but NO it cannot compress them entirely. The current build i have does the same as many other tools out there at the moment. It ignores the SSIF folder and compresses the rest.
I.b.6: Does Slyce have built-in disc decryption capabilities?
No, in order to process a disc from inside a drive or a protected ISO, AnyDVD HD must be running. Only unprotected discs and/or rips can be processed immediately and without anydvd hd. Slyce does NOT have decryption capabilities.
SECTION II: Features
NOTE: all features below are posted from personal "discovery" within the limited fuctionality copy i have and are to be considered NON-FINAL. These may be changed by Slysoft at any given time
- 37 languages supported
- Directly open ISO's and process them. NO need to mount the iso's first!
- Open BDMV folders ripped to (external) harddrives
- conversion to mobile format(s) (currently have only seen .avi)
- 1:1 copy (BD25 to BD25, BD50 to BD50)
- Shrinking double layer discs to single layer size
- Video Hardware Acceleration support
- Removing unwanted video clips streams
- Selectively removing audio/subtitles from specific streams
- Backup to BDMV folder, .ISO, or mobile format
- Preview video titles
- Chose if you wish to keep HD audio, or the CORE AUDIO ONLY
- 10 different output size options
- Built-in video preview with advanced controls: skip to prev. title, rewind, play, fast forward, skip to next title
- Thumbail filled video slider with sliding arrow to chose playback startpoint
- Video preview WITH AUDIO SUPPORT (currently subtitles are not shown in preview
- Show/hide short titles, or with a duration shorter then x% of main titles
NOTE: that this is NOT the final list of abilities. Just what i can see from the copy with limited functionality that i have (and all other members on the translation team) in order to be able to translate the product properly.
And finally, here's a little teaser to prove it. This is an original startup screen from the app itself with all available options. ISO, folder & disc (currently from an iso mounted in H: by virtual clone drive)
End of first rewrite & info update
SECTION III: The DISC Cloning Process
This section is easiest explained by screenshots. I've devided them up in sections and added a number to it. Lookup the number to see the info about that section. This was done to keep the screens visibility at max and not overcrowd it with text. The screens below start after you have selected
1) In this box you'll find all the audio and subtitles streams used throughout the disc on all streams. (Un)tick a box here and it will be removed / restored from ALL streams. If you wish to modify streams on a per title basis. Click the box in section 3. A matching screenshot will be posted below
2) In this box each title will be represented by a couple snaps taken from the stream when it's loaded. On the left of each title you'll find various info about the stream settings. Hovering over a stream will bring up the blue arrow 4. Clicking on the arrow will launch the built in player where you can see if you're removing/keeping the correct stream. The player has full AV controls such as (REV,PLAY,FF,STOP,...)
3) Enabling this will allow you to modify audio / subtitle streams on a per title basis. See below to see a matching screenshot.
4) Click this to launch the build in preview player
5) Clicking on this button will hide the shorter clips from showing based on your settings. See feature list, last item for more info
Below is the screenshot after you click on button 3 in the above screenshot
When you have made your selecting, click next and this will bring you to the following screen. Again for info about each section. See the matching number below the screenshot.
1) In this section you'll find an overview of the selected streams to keep and their final audio/subtitle streams. Note in this screenshot i have not removed anything. Purely for display purposes.
2) This section displays the final output size & method. The way i clicked through the program i did NOT click on any of the bottom right 3 buttons from the very first screenshot so it defaulted to folder output. If you click on any of those 3 buttons it will default to this final screenshot. But this does not stop you from going back 1 step and modify the titles. Honestly i don't like this particular behavior, imo it would be better that if you do not click on a start button and simply select titles first and then next that you get the option in this final output screen to change the final output method.
Click on Clone to have slyce do its magic..
End of second info update