Thread: How do you turn vob files to video?To make dvd.

Default How do you turn vob files to video?To make dvd.

I ripped a movie to my hardrive using the little fox head.The movie came out in vob files in my download folder.I played movie in windows media player but cannot make movie on dvd with files.No burner will accept it.I would appreciate help with this thank you.

Give Imgburn a try as that will work. Also you not say what burn programs you tried or if you selected the folder to burn or an individual vob file inside the folder. You need select the folder containing all

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_908S using Tapatalk

IMGBurn can only do a 1:1 copy, if you ripped a double layer disc and trying to burn to a single layer blank you'll need another piece of software to shrink the source to single layer size. This is something CloneDVD2 can do for you
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    I ripped a movie to my hardrive using the little fox head.The movie came out in vob files in my download folder.I played movie in windows media player but cannot make movie on dvd with files.No burner will accept it.I would appreciate help with this thank you.
    You used AnyDVD's "Rip Video Disk to Harddisk..." option? If you did having all the vob files is perfectly normal.

Given the limitations of Windows media player you can't directly play back the ripped files, you could use VideoLAN's VLC media player; it reads files and folders just fine.

As to burning the files onto a blank DVD, Imgburn is the best program for that as others have suggested. Just use the "Write files/folders to disc" option and Imgburn automatically sets things to create a playable DVD for you.

To clarify - To make a DVD you need the VOB's the IFO's and even the BUP's.

-W

I have Windows 7 and when the movie is copied to my hard drive, I name change all VOB files to Mpeg files (replace the VOB files extension with the mpeg extension). I then cick on all mpeg files to ensure they are appropriate and in order. Windows media player will open and play the files when you click on the file. Once I am satisfied all mpeg files are ready to be combined into the movie, I use a program (freeware) named Combimovie to combine the mpeg files into one large mpeg file. Once the large mpeg file is formed, I play it in WMP and if it plays correctly, I then delete the smaller mpeg files to free space on my hard drive. I've only use Slysoft for a couple of days but at least I can combine the files to play a movie. I should add that the movies I copied were from my disc library and many were not protected. Hopes my post helps!

Such a long way to do something clonedvd mobile can do for you. Give it a try, it can read DVDs and turn them directly into 1 MPEG file WITH subtitles and much more.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Default Spring for CDM

CloneDVDmoble can create a single movie only file. select mpg passthru or vob passthru (and change extension to mpg) and use a burning tool such as imgburn

Another thread dealing with that: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=53295