Thread: New Oppo BDP-103 and BDP-105 players = Cinavia infected

Unhappy New Oppo BDP-103 and BDP-105 players = Cinavia infected

Of course it's no surprise and we knew it was coming, as they are forced to do so by the AACS licensing.

But it's still a sad day to see one of the most consumer friendly companies and makers of some of the arguably best players around go the way of "technology working against the users" through no decision of their own.

I feel bad for them. I know I certainly won't be purchasing either of these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelvis Popcan View Post
    Of course it's no surprise and we knew it was coming, as they are forced to do so by the AACS licensing.

But it's still a sad day to see one of the most consumer friendly companies and makers of some of the arguably best players around go the way of "technology working against the users" through no decision of their own.

I feel bad for them. I know I certainly won't be purchasing either of these players.
    Yes, I certainly agree, along with other DVD fans I know.

I believe its way overdue for software companies to stop building software programs to build a back-up and turn their efforts to a fix or cure for Cinavia when a large majority of the DVD fans want Cinavia to come to an end.

There is currently enough software programs (freeware and payware) to build a back-up almost anyway you want, but not enough software and hardware players to playback your back-up, free of Cinavia.

Fix or cure Cinavia first, then build the software programs to backup your source disk. Cinavia is NOT a low level pest anymore.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 16th February 2013 at 17:55.
    Fast Eddie