Thread: Computer BD/DVD Burners & firware with Cinavia

Default Computer BD/DVD Burners & firware with Cinavia

Are new computer internal BD/DVD writers included in the category of 'consumer' Blu-ray devices deemed mandatory to have cinavia detection support?

Drives being considered, Pioneer: BDR-207MBK, BDR-208DBK and BDR-2208

Thanks for any help

Default The build date is key

Quote Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
    Are new computer internal BD/DVD writers included in the category of 'consumer' Blu-ray devices deemed mandatory to have cinavia detection support?

Drives being considered, Pioneer: BDR-207MBK, BDR-208DBK and BDR-2208
    Thanks for any help
    This is a big thread but contains drive info

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread...light=February

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread...light=February

In general ALL BD-capable players must support Cinavia. That's the law.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

True that in general all bd players produced after feb 1st, 2012 require cinavia. For standalones that is.

However since OP asks about computer drives. it's the pc SOFTWARE players that (OP asks about computer internal/external drives) need to have cinavia support, it's pretty safe to assume computer drives will not need cinavia support. Probably no space in a drive for the extra internal hardware needed for it.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

NOFX, Cinavia is not a concern with any of those drives.

With respect to DVD/Blu-Ray drives in PCs, HTPCs, etc, Ch3vr0n is correct. It's the software developers of licensed Blu-Ray software players that are stuck having to put Cinavia detection/enforcement in their software. Standalone players are a completely different story than DVD/Blu-ray drives for PCs and they are stuck having to detect/enforce Cinavia if they want to license their device just like software players.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 22nd February 2013 at 16:27.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    True that in general all bd players produced after feb 1st, 2012 require cinavia. For standalones that is.

However since OP asks about computer drives. it's the pc SOFTWARE players that (OP asks about computer internal/external drives) need to have cinavia support, it's pretty safe to assume computer drives will not need cinavia support. Probably no space in a drive for the extra internal hardware needed for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    NOFX, Cinavia is not a concern with any of those drives.

With respect to DVD/Blu-Ray drives in PCs, HTPCs, etc, Ch3vr0n is correct. It's the software developers of licensed Blu-Ray software players that are stuck having to put Cinavia detection/enforcement in their software. Standalone players are a completely different story than DVD/Blu-ray drives for PCs and they are stuck having to detect/enforce Cinavia if they want to license their device just like software players.
    Thanks so much guys I was actually concerned that I was asking a silly question!!

Frank , Ch3vr0n, DrinkLyeAndDie

Thanking you all very much, Legends ))
    Last edited by NOFX; 23rd February 2013 at 14:16.

Glad we could help. There's no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers ^^. Even a question how dumb it may sound (sounding dumb/silly doesn't mean the question is), is still a valid question if the person asking it has a reason too
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Default Cinavia effect on files

Would Cinavia effect the copying of a BD to a computer, conversion to mp4 file, transfer to a USB drive, and playback from a device like a Roku, or ipad playback?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    Would Cinavia effect the copying of a BD to a computer
    No, cinavia does not affect the copy transfer to a computer. It only affects playback

conversion to mp4 file
    Yes, converting to a mobile format such as mp4 does NOT remove the signal. It is carried over in the audio.

transfer to a USB drive
    No, cinavia does not affect the copy process at all, not to a pc, not to a usb stick, not to a usb harddrive, ...

and playback from a device like a Roku
    Depends, is that roku device a licensed blu-ray disc player produced after februari 1st, 2012? Ifso then cinavia detection will be mandatory. But since this is from what i can find a streaming player with no disc drive or official blu-ray support i doubt it will be enforced on this player.

or ipad playback?
    No, as the ipad does not support blu-ray disc playback. Last time i checked it didn't have a blu-ray drive.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Desktop

Home Theatre