Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CloneDVD 2.9.3.1 beta

I hope to be fixed of the bug ; http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49248
    The reason is obviously http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=46

I found this bug in AnyDVDRipper at first, but I was explained that it is caused by elaborate(CloneDVD) so difficult to fix.
    So I've been hoped to be fixed when update CloneDVD.

But it seems not to be fixd.

Regards.

What are the new updates in the new Clone DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    NOTE: This beta version requires a valid registration key, it will not work in trial mode.

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2931.exe

Version 2.9.3.1 2013 02 25
    - New: Improved repair of defective disc structures
    - New: Workaround for authoring errors causing a "PS..." error
    - Fix: Mini DVD output size
    - Some minor changes and improvements
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LWC82PE View Post
    What are the new updates in the new Clone DVD?
    Posted right above me in the very first part of this thread.
    Lifetime subscription licenses to AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile, and Game Jackal Pro.

Death to Cinavia!!!

Thumbs up Great work! ! !

NOTE: This beta version requires a valid registration key, it will not work in trial mode.

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2931.exe

Version 2.9.3.1 2013 02 25
    - New: Improved repair of defective disc structures
    - New: Workaround for authoring errors causing a "PS..." error
    - Fix: Mini DVD output size
    - Some minor changes and improvements
    James, I don't know how you deal with people who are always complaining, but all I have to say is that the people at Slysoft have first class customer support!!! No other companies/persons that make products similar to Slysoft, DO NOT meet up to Slyssoft's Standard!

You guys are working your *$$ off trying to get Slyce ready to release, your AIO Blu-Ray back up program, and you still have time to update CloneDVD and AnyDVD. Seriously, I do hope that programmers/translators are working very hard to get Slyce out by the end of the first quarter of 2013! If you are, you only have a couple of weeks until the end of March. Maybe, just maybe you MIGHT have Slyce out by the time they elect a new Pope. You guys ROCK!
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

I don't agree with how Loonier interpreted the support email to begin with. I also never heard the statement that only major driver updates would be a reason for an update and that most certainly wasn't written even between the lines in the support email from Elaborate Bytes.

CloneDVD is definitely an easy-to-use well-designed piece of software. The changelog clearly shows that the changes made in the new beta are not superfluous added features. The improvement of handling authoring errors and repairing defective structures is critical to the programs function. The new items were making AnyDVD and CloneDVD work better together and given the business relationship between Elaborate Bytes and Slysoft that's a no-brainer and these changes are a technical requirement in my book. A bug-fix to the Mini DVD output size is a no-brainer. Minor changes and improvements are a no-brainer.

PS: I'm removing the quoted support correspondence text from Loonier's original post. If anything will simply lead to confusion and misinterpretation.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 28th February 2013 at 19:22.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

But to answer the question:

No, these guys know their stuff, they really don't need or want our help.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

But in general I consider it impolite to post private emails in public.
    As i consider a (obviously) generic support mail answer not as a "private email" i can't share your rating.
    I'm absolutely convinced Mr. Nord is fine
    Maybe he is frustrated because he gets hundreds of mails asking "why isn't there a new version?".
    Maybe Slysoft (or rather the non-Slysoft Quick Response Force ) shouldn't always suggest to "ask Elaborate Bytes" when similar questions arise in the forums.
    All other kinds of CloneDVD questions are discussed in the forums. You're in close contact, so why don't take the heat of poor Mister N. ?

@DrinkLyeAndDie
    Between the lines or wherever, that's what i sent to Elby support:
    I read some hints in the Slysoft forum that there probably won't be CloneDVD updates anymore - at least no new functions.
    If so, i'd probably go for a cheaper license model. I look forward to a clarifying reply.
    Last edited by Loonier; 8th March 2013 at 16:35. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Loonier View Post
    Between the lines or wherever, that's what i sent to Elby support:

I read some hints in the Slysoft forum that there probably won't be CloneDVD updates anymore - at least no new functions.
    If so, i'd probably go for a cheaper license model. I look forward to a clarifying reply.
    Oh, dear. What "cheaper" license model should they offer? Less than 39,- EUR for lifetime updates?

We (SlySoft) buy CloneDVD as an OEM product. We also provide support for our customers.
    If you are a SlySoft customer and want to argue about pricing, you should talk to the vendor (SlySoft).
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Sorry, my bad. I didn't quote/translate my mail word for word (ask Mr. Nord if you need confirmation ).

Original:
    Hallo elby Team,

ich spiele mit dem Gedanken mir CloneDVD 2 zuzulegen (im Paket mit AnyDVD HD).
    Habe jetzt im Slysoft Forum Andeutungen gelesen, daß es für Clone DVD wohl keine Updates mehr geben wird - in jedem Fall aber keine neuen Funktionen.
    Ist zwar kein riesiger Preisunterschied, aber in dem Fall würde ich mich nur für die günstige 2-Jahre Update Variante entscheiden.
    Würde mich über eine klärende Antwort diesbezüglich freuen.
    Cheap tranlation of the vital part:
    If so -though it may not be exactly a huge difference in price- i'd go for the cheaper 2-year-license.
    I think it's apparent from the mail that i wasn't even aware it's 39€ for lifetime at elby.
    Thought it's 2 years cause Slysoft (re-)sells the 2-year-license at that price.
    btw. why does Slysoft charge 55€ for lifetime ?

Default CloneDVD 2.9.3.1 beta

Did picture quality improve with this dot release? I mean was there more to this release than it improved structures issues, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Loonier View Post
    Sorry, my bad. I didn't quote/translate my mail word for word (ask Mr. Nord if you need confirmation ).

Original:

Cheap tranlation of the vital part:

I think it's apparent from the mail that i wasn't even aware it's 39€ for lifetime at elby.
    Thought it's 2 years cause Slysoft (re-)sells the 2-year-license at that price.
    btw. why does Slysoft charge 55€ for lifetime ?
    If you would like to argue pricing please contact support@slysoft.com
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates