Thread: Is there any way to force hdmi 1.4a 3D spec Signal down a dualdvi or minidisplay port

Default Is there any way to force hdmi 1.4a 3D spec Signal down a dualdvi or minidisplay port

currently bluray 3d movies wont play for me unless i plug my panasonic 3d tv into the hdmi out from my graphics card to hdmi in on my tv.
    but there are issues ect if i try to play the movie via dualdvi or mini display port
    i get a error its like those ports do not support hdmi 1.4a 3d packet frame spec.

---------------------------------------------------

is there any way to make all ports on my pc 1.4a spec so that i can send frame packet down the mini display port or dual dvi as i know there is not any bandwith limitation here.

i tryed using simulate connected 3d display but 3d blurays still dont work

Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    currently bluray 3d movies wont play for me unless i plug my panasonic 3d tv into the hdmi out from my graphics card to hdmi in on my tv.
    but there are issues ect if i try to play the movie via dualdvi or mini display port
    i get a error its like those ports do not support hdmi 1.4a 3d packet frame spec.

---------------------------------------------------

is there any way to make all ports on my pc 1.4a spec so that i can send frame packet down the mini display port or dual dvi as i know there is not any bandwith limitation here.

i tryed using simulate connected 3d display but 3d blurays still dont work
    This depends on the graphics card, which you unfortunately didn't mention.
    I'm quite certain it'll work with NVidia cards.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This depends on the graphics card, which you unfortunately didn't mention.
    I'm quite certain it'll work with NVidia cards.
    +1. HDMI 1.4 is designed for HDMI connections, not DVI or DisplayPort. DVI is part of HDMI's backwards compatibility path; it wasn't intended to support HDMI 1.4. DisplayPort is a different protocol entirely; AFAIK the only thing it shares with HDMI is HDCP (because Hollywood insisted on it).

I just deleted 2 posts in this thread that are offensive, please do not do it again.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

AMD 7950 cards i have
    found a way to get 3d`s to work though with dualdvi or mini display port

i use a program called stereoscopic player. as it supports side by side for 3d tv`s

i play the movie then enable 3d and it works wonderfully though im not sure if im getting full 1080p in both eyes with side by side .... the only thing that does not work is playing the blurays menus hehe

SBS is only half res, so you don't get the full res image by using it. Your computer puts out a single frame just as you would if you were using a non SBS frame and your TV splits it in half stretches it up to full frame and displays them as 3D