Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Cinavia Bring Hardware And Software Playback DVD/Blu-ray Fans Together?

Default Will Cinavia Bring Hardware And Software Playback DVD/Blu-ray Fans Together?

With Cinavia still on the loose, and corporations not willing to pay the price to remove Cinavia, will the future for DVD/Blu-ray fans who build their own home grown movie back-up disks or put their movie back-ups on the hard drives, will their playback look something like this?

The cheapest and most popular playback with be thru the computer optical drive or the hard drive with a non-licensed software player thru a high end HDMI output graphics card thru HDMI to input HDMI on your HDTV?

And, the cat and the mouse game continues
    Fast Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    With Cinavia still on the loose, and corporations not willing to pay the price to remove Cinavia, will the future for DVD/Blu-ray fans who build their own home grown movie back-up disks or put their movie back-ups on the hard drives, will their playback look something like this?

The cheapest and most popular playback with be thru the computer optical drive or the hard drive with a non-licensed software player thru a high end HDMI output graphics card thru HDMI to input HDMI on your HDTV?

And, the cat and the mouse game continues
    Well for one thing if Slyce(if that will be the product name) comes out I like to see it get rid of the dreaded Cinavia and allow owners of those Cinavia infected media to do so as they please with their purchased media and not have to ask am I Cinavia infected media.

Considering how long it is taking for Slyce to be released I would not hold my breath for Cinavia removal in the near future. The only way I can see a removal tool in any near time frame is if Slysoft has been working in parallel with Slyce. The first step is getting a production version of Slyce. Maybe this year. Then maybe within the next 2 years a removal tool.

Default try anydvdhd beta 7.1.8.2

Quote Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
    Considering how long it is taking for Slyce to be released ....
    Are you aware that anyDVDHD already has a cinavia fix for PowerDVD12 and TMT6?

Its not really a fix, because the signal is still present and does not get removed. Anydvd patches the software players and not the signal. Since anydvd can't run on standalones that fix does not work for standalones.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Considering how long it is taking for Slyce to be released I would not hold my breath for Cinavia removal in the near future.
    Why not? Maybe Slyce will have Cinavia removal right from the beginning.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Why not? Maybe Slyce will have Cinavia removal right from the beginning.
    WHOA! Some very interesting news, indeed! This could be part of the reason for the release delay.

i smell teasing, but sure would be awesome ^^
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

It has to be a tease. One thing that Frank has been very consistent in saying is that cinavia would not be part of the initial release of slyce. I will be happy just getting slyce released. First things first. Just not confident of this quarter.

It has to be a tease. One thing that Frank has been very consistent in saying is that cinavia would not be part of the initial release of slyce. I will be happy just getting slyce released. First things first. Just not confident of this quarter.
    Regardless tease or not if so I would be more then happy to buy a LTL for Slyce when it comes out. And if not I will wait for the option to come to Slyce but that doesn't mean I will not buy it but will buy it still.