Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AnyDVD HD 7.2.0.2 made Cinavia kick in during playback of legit disc

Oppo supports full menus as it's primarily a bluray player, therefore has a full BD licence.
    The new Dune models (like all media players) do not support full menus, so they have no BD License. That's why they don't have to implement Cinavia.

At the moment, the only way to get a 3D player with full menus is to use an HTPC with one of the licensed players (TMT, PDVD, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Manni View Post
    Oppo supports full menus as it's primarily a bluray player, therefore has a full BD licence.
    The new Dune models (like all media players) do not support full menus, so they have no BD License. That's why they don't have to implement Cinavia.

At the moment, the only way to get a 3D player with full menus is to use an HTPC with one of the licensed players (TMT, PDVD, etc).
    I have this product:
    http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/full...dia_players/16

All it does is play ISO and Mkv files (Blu-ray in my case). I create the ISO files using speed menu and with "Keep Original Menu" checked.

I can play 98% of the movies with speed menu and view the original Blu-ray menu's as such _ the Dune gives the player that option.

Even if I create an ISO with out speed menu, the player still gives me a "BD Light" or just "Play" option. Speed menu is not necessary to view full menu's, I use it as an option because sometimes I simply don't want to look at them.

The player would play full menu's in "Stand Up Guys" however (the other 2%) _ had to go to BD light.

There is a Blu-ray extension module that can play retail discs too, but it's been discontinued here on the North American continent and as far as I know it's still available in Europe.

http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/full...dia_players/17

I intend to contact Dune and ask them how they can build a player(s) that seemingly supports Blu-ray menu's and yet does not support Cinavia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
    I intend to contact Dune and ask them how they can build a player(s) that seemingly supports Blu-ray menu's and yet does not support Cinavia.
    I think that particular model may have got its full Blu-ray license before the Cinavia requirements were in place.

Some of the newest models will not have the full menu option anymore, only the lite option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
    I have this product:
    http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/full...dia_players/16

All it does is play ISO and Mkv files (Blu-ray in my case). I create the ISO files using speed menu and with "Keep Original Menu" checked.

I can play 98% of the movies with speed menu and view the original Blu-ray menu's as such _ the Dune gives the player that option.

Even if I create an ISO with out speed menu, the player still gives me a "BD Light" or just "Play" option. Speed menu is not necessary to view full menu's, I use it as an option because sometimes I simply don't want to look at them.

The player would play full menu's in "Stand Up Guys" however (the other 2%) _ had to go to BD light.

There is a Blu-ray extension module that can play retail discs too, but it's been discontinued here on the North American continent and as far as I know it's still available in Europe.

http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/full...dia_players/17

As DDJMagic said, this is an old model. It is not 3D compatible, and was produced/licensed before February 2012. Therefore supporting Cinavia was not part of the requirements at the time to obtain a license.

With media players, you either have old models, like yours or my Base 3.0, which can play full menus because they have a full license but are HDMI 1.3 and can't play 3D blurays, or you have more recent models (to stay with Dune, like the Base 3D) which are HDMI 1.4 and can play 3D blurays, but cannot play full menus (for 2D and 3D blurays) because they would be useless if they were supporting Cinavia, so they don't have a BD license. So pick your poison!

That's one of the main reasons why I moved to an HTPC despite the headaches and the instability. I wanted one player to play all my titles, 2D or 3D, with access to all the features. At this point, only an HTPC can do this.

Cinavia is not an issue if you stick to a version of TMT or PDVD supported by anydDVD HD, or to a pre-cinavia build, like TMT 5 build 146.
    Last edited by Manni; 3rd June 2013 at 16:40.

Mike over at Dune said: "The Base 3D DOES NOT have menu support, it plays BD ISO or folder through BD
    lite. This will start the main movie if set to autostart."
    So that agrees with what Manni said and makes sense. And Manni thanks for all the information, but I am not totally new to all of this, I'm "HaggisCat over at TMT.
    I think your still running two versions of TMT 5 on your machine _ one with out Cinavia and one with _ Jason innocently (or even accidently) gave a hack on how to do this trying to help you trouble shoot some problems you were having, if I remember correctly.
    I pointed that registry hack to another member and it was quietly removed.

There must allot of old stock at Dune then because there Smart Series claims all playback of commercial discs. Apparently many people knew about the Cinavia problem because all stock of the Dune HD Max is gone and it has been discontinued.
    I tried to find a manufacturing date on mine, but there was none to be found _ at least not on the outside.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by Jeff R 1; 3rd June 2013 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
    Cinavia removal cannot be done with original discs without ripping them; the whole reason AnyDVD HD will never remove Cinavia completely is it cannot be done on-the-fly.
    This cannot be the reason AnyDVD HD will never remove Cinavia completely. I rip my original discs with AnyDVD HD and then close AnyDVD HD. I do not keep it loaded into memory while playing my ripped BluRay (I have a non-Cinavia aware player).

For me, there is no on-the-fly processing of the BluRay.

That is EXACTLY the reason why it cannot be done on-the-fly. You don't understand how it works. Cinavia is a signal EMBEDDED in the audio of the movie. It's not a protection like AACS that anydvd can crack. To remove the cinavia signal, the audio will have to be recoded in some way to remove it. Since anydvd is not a video nor an audio recoder it will NEVER be capable of removing the signal
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Manni View Post
    That's one of the main reasons why I moved to an HTPC despite the headaches and the instability. I wanted one player to play all my titles, 2D or 3D, with access to all the features. At this point, only an HTPC can do this.
    Not only at all. Inexpensive Pioneer BD-players BDP-150 and BDP-450 (as well as BDP-140 and 440) with alternative (chineese) firmwares do support BD-J menu and do not detect Cinavia. They can playback 2D and 3D (including BD3D ISO) locally from USB-HDD and over SMB/NFS networks. They also support SACD (including SACD-R ISO), DVD-Audio, FLAC, etc.

Nevertheless I prefer to use HTPC.
    Last edited by probep; 3rd June 2013 at 23:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    That is EXACTLY the reason why it cannot be done on-the-fly. You don't understand how it works. Cinavia is a signal EMBEDDED in the audio of the movie. It's not a protection like AACS that anydvd can crack. To remove the cinavia signal, the audio will have to be recoded in some way to remove it. Since anydvd is not a video nor an audio recoder it will NEVER be capable of removing the signal
    +1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
    This cannot be the reason AnyDVD HD will never remove Cinavia completely. I rip my original discs with AnyDVD HD and then close AnyDVD HD. I do not keep it loaded into memory while playing my ripped BluRay (I have a non-Cinavia aware player).

For me, there is no on-the-fly processing of the BluRay.
    The part in bold is why you don't have a Cinavia problem; if your player detected Cinavia you would have a problem. In your case AnyDVD HD's on-the-fly processing occurs during the rip, whether you use its own rippers or a third-party ripper. For playback from original discs, however, on-the-fly processing occurs during playback; as Ch3vr0n says, it is simply impossible to perform all the required Cinavia removal steps on-the-fly. (Edit: The steps for Cinavia removal must be built into the rip process; that's why it'll be in Slyce, not AnyDVD HD.)

And are you just closing AnyDVD HD's ripper, or AnyDVD HD entirely? As long as you have the red fox in your system tray, AnyDVD HD itself is still active. For it to be deactivated, the fox must be either gray (right-click the fox & uncheck "Enable AnyDVD") or gone completely (right-click the fox & click "Exit").
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 4th June 2013 at 02:30. Reason: Expand

I dont think Cinavia can be removed as such, because the process by which it's added is non-reversible.

I think the best that can be done is to make it non-detectible, but I'm not even completely sure that you can be certain if you have removed Cinavia from a given audio, because just because it's not detected by a current Cinavia device, doesn't mean there's no Cinavia signal present.

The Dune player is anyway a very useful device indeed, as a player-in-a-box, regardless of the Cinavia thing.