Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Drives Detected by AnyDVD

Default No Drives Detected by AnyDVD

I've been using AnyDVD for awhile, and haven't had problems until the other day. My computer froze during a backup of a movie and I had to hard restart. Since then, AnyDVD will not see my DVD drives. I've uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times.

I've experienced problems with Daemon Tools and AnyDVD being installed at the same time. I thought I had unintsalled Daemon Tools before the backup, but had not. When I restarted my computer, Daemon Tools was on Startup and loaded. Since then, I've had my problems.

I've tried the whole FAQ thing. I've changed the bus drivers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drives. I've physically disconnected and reconnected. I don't know what else to do.

Here are my filters:

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
    Filterdriver properties are:
    Name: AnyDVD
    Caption: AnyDVD
    Description: AnyDVD
    AcceptPause: False
    AcceptStop: True
    DesktopInteract: False
    DisplayName: AnyDVD
    ErrorControl: Normal
    ExitCode: 0
    PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
    Version Info: 6.1.3.3
    ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
    ServiceType: Kernel Driver
    Started: True
    StartMode: Manual
    StartName:
    State: Running
    TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
    Filterdriver properties are:
    Name: PxHelp20
    Caption: PxHelp20
    Description: PxHelp20
    AcceptPause: False
    AcceptStop: True
    DesktopInteract: False
    DisplayName: PxHelp20
    ErrorControl: Normal
    ExitCode: 0
    PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys
    Version Info: 2.2.62.0
    ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
    ServiceType: Kernel Driver
    Started: True
    StartMode: Boot
    StartName:
    State: Running
    TagId: 7

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

They are working on a fix I think. It is an error in the new version. Tons of people having it. Reboot with the disk in the drive for now. Thats the only way to fix it until new version. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seedpws View Post
    They are working on a fix I think. It is an error in the new version. Tons of people having it. Reboot with the disk in the drive for now. Thats the only way to fix it until new version. Thanks
    Hi, I am trying to replicate this problem now. You say " Tons of people are having this problem," I can only find one other thread in 3 forums where something simliar to this is being reported. I would like more information. This way maybe we can narrow down the problem.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by seedpws View Post
    Rebooting with the disk in the drive does not solve the problem. I've tried the whole list at http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6138. When I start AnyDVD I get the "No DVD Drives detected" error that pops-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Shmoe View Post
    Rebooting with the disk in the drive does not solve the problem. I've tried the whole list at http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6138. When I start AnyDVD I get the "No DVD Drives detected" error that pops-up.
    Try deleting any Virual Drives you might have installed. Just a guess.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFox 1 View Post
    Try deleting any Virual Drives you might have installed. Just a guess.
    I reinstalled Daemon Tools to make sure I had disabled my virtual drives. I had. I uninstalled Daemon Tools and reinstalled AnyDVD. I thought earlier it might also be a problem with my thumbdrive, but that wasn't the case.

There's one sure fire way to fix your problem. When was the last time you did a clean install of you OS? I would suggest slicking your drive and starting from scratch. A bit time consuming this may be. However, in the long run worth it.

Good luck...

WE'RE NOT WORTHY
    SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem, I have bought and paid for the following:
    AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile.

I reformatted my machine and changed the drive letters, so my DVD drive is now B:, Hard Drives are C: through F:

When I install AnyDVD I get the same message as you guys - No Drive Detected!

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Longoink View Post
    Hi there,

I'm having the same problem, I have bought and paid for the following:
    AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile.

I reformatted my machine and changed the drive letters, so my DVD drive is now B:, Hard Drives are C: through F:

When I install AnyDVD I get the same message as you guys - No Drive Detected!

Can anyone help?
    Are you sure your DVD is the B: drive? That is quite possibly why it isn't detected.
    I respond to PM and E-Mail requests
    Been to town.........seen the elephant