Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get anydvd back after system restore

Quote Originally Posted by steve1942 View Post
    Right, except for circumstances such as mine. I have 1Click software which created no difficulty after a system restore. Using a key process to register product is great. However, once you lose Anydvd because of a restore, there are no clear directions as to re-establishing your licensed copy.
    You simply double-click the license file you have received as an e-mail attachment. I couldn't think of anything easier.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

@ steve1942,

You are attempting to make a very simple easy task such a Double Clicking your Registration Key file a monumental endeavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1942
    …..once you lose Anydvd because of a restore, there are no clear directions as to re-establishing your licensed copy…..
    I am sorry but you are totally incorrect. There are in fact clear concise dictions prominently posted. For example suggest viewing the below Forum sticky novelty titled “How to register your license key” ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

Also on the SlySoft Web Page prominently posted in bold highlighted text under the novel title “How do I enter the license key” ->

http://www.slysoft.com/en/how-do-i-e...faq.60.10.html

Regards,
    Coaster

[QUOTE=Coaster;42231]@ steve1942,

You are attempting to make a very simple easy task such a Double Clicking your Registration Key file a monumental endeavor.I am sorry but you are totally incorrect. There are in fact clear concise dictions prominently posted. For example suggest viewing the below Forum sticky novelty titled “How to register your license key” ->

Also on the SlySoft Web Page prominently posted in bold highlighted text under the novel title “How do I enter the license key” ->

http://www.slysoft.com/en/how-do-i-e...faq.60.10.html

Darn Coaster, you make this hard. I've had Anydvd for 3 years. I never had a problem with they license key arrangement. The problem arose AFTER a complete system restore. I downloaded Anydvd, which after the restore did not work. The download was a trial version. I was certain there must be a way to re-register so went to FAQ, search, typed in system restore, recovery after system restore, etc. Never did I type in activate with license key. I had done that in the past and knew it took an email to register that way. How to get the email? Emailed support and asked. Never got response. If, they would have directed me to the first forum thread you just posted, I would have seen under step 4 how that is done. I did finally put together enough info from both this forum and the FAQ page to realize there was nothing to do put go into the program (which I thought no longer worked as I couldn't open it from the desktop), find the key picture and double click on it. Really simple, you're right. Without directions to tell me the key still sat there and COULD be double clicked, it would have been easy. Wish you would have seen and answered my 1st request for help. Hope others never have to do a full restore and not know the key stays after the program quits.

]

I have tried all of that and mine still doesn't work. I purchased mine in 2004 and still have original email with the key, however, it doesn't show any numbers other than a reference number. Where do I get the license number?

https://secure.slysoft.com/lostkey.php will work for anyone who bought their key after May 11, 2005.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

Quote Originally Posted by cricketcf1217 View Post
    I have tried all of that and mine still doesn't work. I purchased mine in 2004 and still have original email with the key, however, it doesn't show any numbers other than a reference number. Where do I get the license number?
    You gotta email Slysoft support to get it now.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

1. Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.6.9

2. If you're using Vista, click this:
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4076

3. To learn how to install license keys properly, visit

4. If you've lost your license keys visit
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=470

5. If you're getting "your trial period has ended" messages, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...80&postcount=2
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

@ steve1942,

You still don’t get it do you?

If you had made a copy of your Registration Key as requested by SlySoft in the license e-mail you received from SlySoft when you originally purchased AnyDVD and stored your Registration Key in a safe place (not on your computer) you would have not had to contact SlySoft for anything. Below is a direct quotation from the Slysoft license e-mail ->

“Please make a safety backup of your license key file on a floppy disk or a CD and keep it in a safe place.”

The pure and simple fact is that you failed to make a copy of your Registration Key and store in a safe place. Now since you failed to make a backup copy of your Registration Key you are attempting to throw the blame for you inconvenience on SlySoft. It is time to act like a mature adult and stop attempting to pass the blame to someone else.

Regards,
    Coaster

Default Second part for cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    @ steve1942,

You still don’t get it do you?

If you had made a copy of your Registration Key as requested by SlySoft in the license e-mail you received from SlySoft when you originally purchased AnyDVD and stored your Registration Key in a safe place (not on your computer) you would have not had to contact SlySoft for anything. Below is a direct quotation from the Slysoft license e-mail ->

“Please make a safety backup of your license key file on a floppy disk or a CD and keep it in a safe place.”

The pure and simple fact is that you failed to make a copy of your Registration Key and store in a safe place. Now since you failed to make a backup copy of your Registration Key you are attempting to throw the blame for you inconvenience on SlySoft. It is time to act like a mature adult and stop attempting to pass the blame to someone else.

Regards,
    Coaster
    Coaster: I have my key (license) number. The number doesn't help unless you have an email to place it in. SORRY.

Cricket, go to your programs, open Slysoft. Open Anydvd. Look for something that says registration. If you copy it to the desktop, it will convert to the key picture with fox that everyone is talking about. I bought Anydvd back in 2004 also and think the fox picture was added to program later. Download latest version, double click on key, you should have a registered version, at least that worked for me.

@ steve1942,

You are entirely wrong. You don’t need any “email to place it in”.

All you need is your “Registration Key” file. You double chick the “Registration Key” file and your SlySoft/Elaborate Bytes software program is then “Registered”.

I have installed SlySoft/Elaborate Bytes software program on my daughters and son’s computer numerous times after performing hard disk reformats. I never contact SlySoft for any “email to place it in”. I just inset the CD were I have burned my backup copy of my Registration Key file and double click on the Registration Key file and the SlySoft/Elaborate Bytes software program is then “Registered”.

I have a computer with all the SlySoft/Elaborate Bytes “Registered” software programs installed on it and this computer doesn’t even have Internet connection. Trust me no “email to place it in” has ever been on this computer. All of the SlySoft/Elaborate Bytes software program were “Registered” by just inserting the CD were I have burned my backup copy of my Registration Key file and double click on the “Registration Key” file.

Unless you have failed to make a backup copy of your Registration Key and stored it in a safe place there is absolutely no reason be contacting SlySoft for anything. You don’t need any “email to place it in”.

Do you really believe that SlySoft would design a Registration System that would require Registered users to contact them for a “email to place it in” each time someone had a hard drive failure or purchased a new computer to register their SlySoft software programs?

Regards,
    Coaster