Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AVI to DVD software

Default AVI to DVD software

What do you folks recommend I use to convert AVI to DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Sewermonger View Post
    What do you folks recommend I use to convert AVI to DVD?
    Ahead Nero Vision (Shareware) - Insanely easy to use with some nice menu capabilities.
    DVDFlick (Freeware) - Insanely easy to use but no menu capabilities.
    FAVC (Freeware) - Not overly complicated but could be confusing with the choice of settings. Menu capability but it's basic.
    SVCD2DVD (Shareware) - Good program. Simple and complex menu capabilities. Temporarily on sale for £1!!! I paid £20. Grrrr!
    The FilmMachine (Freeware) - Menu capabilities.

There are others as well and opinions will vary on which is the best. I suggest trying them all out and seeing which you like the most.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 12th August 2007 at 15:43.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie;43792[u
    SVCD2DVD[/u] (Shareware) - Good program. Simple and complex menu capabilities. Temporarily on sale for £1!!! I paid £20. Grrrr!
    thanks for that link, you can't grumble for a pound
    Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks

Quote Originally Posted by bjproc View Post
    thanks for that link, you can't grumble for a pound
    I wanted to make sure I had the URL right so I went to the site and that's when I discovered it was on sale. Glad to help.

I couldn't grumble if I had gotten it for £1. I paid £20 a couple of months ago.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    I paid £20 a couple of months ago.
    bummer mate, bummer,

my gain though

just need to learn how to work it
    Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks

While the free stuff is all good, I can highly recommend ConvertXtoDVD: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Yes, it does more than AVI, but that's a bonus. The simplicity of use comes very close to that of Slysoft's products and to those who use them means a lot

Smile

ConvertXtoDVD is a good program as ivanX mentioned earlier. I use it for any Public Domain films or free video that I download off of the web.

Not too bad to use, pretty easy really.

This is a very new program I just found today. Judging from the screenshots it looks very promising. Check out the thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by linx05 View Post
    This is a very new program I just found today. Judging from the screenshots it looks very promising. Check out the thread here.
    Wow nice find linx, looks promising indeed.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

Quote Originally Posted by linx05 View Post
    Definitely interesting. Unfortunately, you can't do much in the way of resizing any of the windows and on my monitor it makes using the software difficult. I'll have to spend some more time looking though.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast