Thread: Dream Theater 20th Anniversary World Tour

Hybrid View

Default Dream Theater 20th Anniversary World Tour

I have an original store bought copy of "Dream Theater Score 20th Anniversary World Tour", whenever I try to burn a backup copy the best video quality I'm able to obtain is only 41% of the original.The soundtrack is outstanding, but the video quality is almost unwatchable. This DVD is extremely long, with nearly 3 hrs of concert on one disc, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the way the data was compressed to fit on one disc. Its a Warner Co. DVD in NTSC format and a Company called "Large Lab" also has their name on the label, I'm assuming they have something to do with the copyright protection. Interestingly, I tried to rip the audio track to Mp3 using another program I commonly use to add Mp3 audio to my Mp3 player, and that didn't work out well either. My guess is this company "Large Lab" has done something to cause these headaches for would-be copy-right hackers. On an interesting side note, I rented this DVD from Netflix just to see if their copy would be any better, surprisingly, even their copy of this DVD was awful ! Again only 41% of the original (store bought) copy. Any suggestions/comments ????

1. Post the Anydvd status window: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393 (and answer question 8 )

2. Clonedvd is working properly. Obviously 41% is too low (and that should probably be expected with 3 hours of video), and you should split across two single layer discs. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 to learn how to use Clonedvd (pay close attention to step 10).
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11th September 2007 at 13:47.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

(and answer question
    He means question 8.
    Help to fight:
    * Alzheimer's Disease
    * Cancer
    * Huntington's Disease
    * Osteogenesis Imperfecta
    * Parkinson's Disease
    * Ribosome & antibiotics
    More information http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    He means question 8.
    Yes, thanks.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by OBMDH6 View Post
    I have an original store bought copy of "Dream Theater Score 20th Anniversary World Tour", whenever I try to burn a backup copy the best video quality I'm able to obtain is only 41% of the original.The soundtrack is outstanding, but the video quality is almost unwatchable. This DVD is extremely long, with nearly 3 hrs of concert on one disc, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the way the data was compressed to fit on one disc. Its a Warner Co. DVD in NTSC format and a Company called "Large Lab" also has their name on the label, I'm assuming they have something to do with the copyright protection. Interestingly, I tried to rip the audio track to Mp3 using another program I commonly use to add Mp3 audio to my Mp3 player, and that didn't work out well either. My guess is this company "Large Lab" has done something to cause these headaches for would-be copy-right hackers. On an interesting side note, I rented this DVD from Netflix just to see if their copy would be any better, surprisingly, even their copy of this DVD was awful ! Again only 41% of the original (store bought) copy. Any suggestions/comments ????
    Does it have a PCM audio track? This would explain the size problem. If it has a Dolby Digtal and a PCM track, deselect the PCM audio track.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.