Thread: sims2 problem

Default sims2 problem

I just installed the trial of GameJackal into my daughter PC. She's HORRIBLE with discs. They get so scratched from her leaving them everywhere without cases. Anyway, I thought this would be perfect, since CLONE CD doesn't seem capable of backing-up newer game CD's.

I'm quite disappointed to say that GameJackal seems unable to emulate ANY of the Sims2 CD's from EA Games. I get error messages that "a security module could not be loaded" and the only option is to click OK to exit the game.

Interestingly, I cannot even run the Sims2 game from the CD, unless GameJackal is completely shut down. Otherwise Sims2 displays a message that "there is a conflict with drive emulation software and cannot continue".
    HTPC: ASUS M3N78-VM, Athlon X2 2400BE, HIS HD5670

1. Update your version of Game Jackal: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...62&postcount=1

2. Disable Clonecd tray, Daemon tools, and Alcohol 120%'s virtual drives. Also disable Anydvd.

3. Answer these questions fully: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4824
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11th September 2007 at 17:36.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.