Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I make a back-up copy of my liscense key

Default How do I make a back-up copy of my liscense key

This is followup of the first post. If all is working well and I need to reformute my hard drive in the future how do I make a liscense key backup?
    What d0 I need to copy to a memory stick for safe keeping?

Default Back up

Hi there, I have just reformatted my hard drive and I just copied the latest program files and the license key file to a DVD-RW along with my other files and simply copied them back when ready. You can also make back up copies on a floppy if you have a drive.

either jsut keep the key files safe which you downloaded after paying...

or export the key values from your registry database...

values can be found at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\CloneCD\Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile \Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD\Key

What if you send your mail with the key to a webmail, like gmail or other ones? Then you would always have a backup. Not?

When you pay, you are sent a registration file. This file (when run) enters certain properties into the registry as outlined above by IcePhoenix.

Once you have installed the SlySoft program that you purchased, the registration file can be double-clicked to register the program. I keep my registration files on a 3½" diskette, but sending them to an online email storage site is a great idea as well (thanks denis). That way you always have a copy of that file for the odd time when you have to reformat your computer.

I actually have a dummy gmail account that I'm going to use for this kind of thing from now on.

I usually just zip them and store them on other drives on my machine and on my backup cds and dvds. Works for me.

Bob

You can copy the reg file that Slysoft sends you just like any other file.
    Right Click on it, select Copy and then Paste it where ever you want
    say a Fash Drive or another Folder

The File id is: Key.CloneCD

Default Licence key backup

I've done this, all you have to do is burn a copy to cd or 3.5" floppy.

Default I Did... Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by bullpup12564 View Post
    This is followup of the first post. If all is working well and I need to reformute my hard drive in the future how do I make a liscense key backup?
    What d0 I need to copy to a memory stick for safe keeping?
    I had a virus on my computer. It always kept rebooting. I uninstalled my Windows XP and installed it again. I lost everything. When I downloaded AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 again, they came with the registration keys. So, I had to do nothing. Slysoft knows who their customers are. If you download the programmes updates using the same computer when you purchased them, you have nothing to worry about. If you will need the registration keys they'll be sent to you next time you update any purchased product from Slysoft.
    Last edited by Tex; 11th February 2007 at 11:02.

Just copy the key files to a USB drive, CD, floppy disc, or other storage media. Re-install your SlySoft programs on the reformatted/new computer. Copy the files back to the new machine and double-click each one. All done!