Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with AnyDVD and clone DVD

Default Problems with AnyDVD and clone DVD

I need some help!! I have been using AnyDVD and Clone DVD for some time now. I love how simple and quick the system is. My problem is that all of a sudden, I can not burn dvds any longer. Most of them quit about half way through burning. I get the "Oh No" error message and have to start over. Another problem is that if I am able to copy a dvd, it will not work in any of my dvd players (I have three dvd players in my house). I thought it might be the blank dvds that I purchased, they were a no name brand, so I went out and bought some Sony blank dvds, but I still have the same problem.

I tried to update my dvd driver, but could not find an update for it. I clicked on the Anydvd fox in my tool bar, and got this for my driver: TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552L 0614 0922M. I am not very good with "computer lingo", so please try to keep your answers as simple as possible. Thanks

1. Use Taiyo Yuden (Premium) or Verbatim (not made in India)

2. Ensure you're using the latest beta of Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8947

3. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

I hope this is what you wanted. I followed your instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Use Taiyo Yuden (Premium) or Verbatim (not made in India)
    Hi @Webslinger

Please, give me more information!

+ or -
    What's (Premium)?

Please provide details.

Thanks

Sorry, @billybob07

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I'd recommend using, if your burner supports bitsetting changes (to "dvd-rom" booktype), +R blank media.

Taiyo Yuden Premium is held to higher standards than the Taiyo Yuden Valueline. Valueline tends to be worse (and cheaper). Also, Taiyo Yuden Premium tends to only be sold as "dvd-r". I don't believe there are any Taiyo Yuden Premium dvd+r. I just say Premium in case someone comes across Taiyo Yuden Valueline.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread....newpost&t=8976
    Thanks from Germany
    Last edited by Didinho; 27th October 2007 at 21:18.
    The main failure in computers is usually located between keyboard and chair.
    You can't send me a personal mail/notice, "it's closed"!!!

Didinho,
    Did you need info from me, or are you wondering what Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are. I have never heard of either one. I just want to be able to back up my dvds. I hate letting someone borrow a dvd only to get it back covered in scratches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didinho View Post
    Please, give me more information!

+ or -
    What's (Premium)?
    I'd recommend using, if your burner supports bitsetting changes (to "dvd-rom" booktype), +R blank media.

Taiyo Yuden Premium is held to higher standards than the Taiyo Yuden Valueline. Valueline tends to be worse (and cheaper). Also, Taiyo Yuden Premium tends to only be sold as "dvd-r". I don't believe there are any Taiyo Yuden Premium dvd+r. I just say Premium in case someone comes across Taiyo Yuden Valueline.

Also to Verbatim
    click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread....newpost&t=8976
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

I just tried to copy Transformers again. Clonedvd made a complete copy, but the copy will not play in my dvd player. Transformers is not the only movie this happens with. This has happened on the last several dvds I have tried to back up. It does this on my old dvds as well as the new ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by billybob07 View Post
    I hope this is what you wanted. I followed your instructions.
    Thanks.

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version: 3.1.20.0 (3.1.20.0)
    Company: Oak Technology Inc.
    Product: AFS
    Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.
    Description: Audio File System
    FileVersion: 3.1.20.1064
    ProductVersion: 3.1.20.7(1064)
    PrivateBuild: 3.1.20.7(1064)
    SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP free build.

James hates this filter. It's a cD-Rom Driver by OAK Software and HP Memories Disc. A lot of HP software installs it. It's best to uninstall the software that installed this filter.

If you can't figure out how to, then do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "AFS2K". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot
    Last edited by Webslinger; 27th October 2007 at 20:38.

I just tried to copy Transformers again. Clonedvd made a complete copy, but the copy will not play in my dvd player. Transformers is not the only movie this happens with. This has happened on the last several dvds I have tried to back up. It does this on my old dvds as well as the new ones!!
    Does the backup play in your computer?

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality (regular Maxell sucks by the way), then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
    b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

Didinho,
    Did you need info from me, or are you wondering what Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are. I have never heard of either one.
    Then that's your problem. Stop using junk blank media.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...s-r-media.html (use if your burner supports bitsetting changes)

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...d-r-media.html
    (use if your burner doesn't support bitsetting changes)