80 GB iPod

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by dacoach85, Mar 24, 2008.

1. dacoach85

dacoach85 Member

I have used Clone Mobile DVD to try and upload Wiggles for my 3 year old onto my Ipod. I have a new 80 gb Ipod. When I download and put into I Tunes, everything appears fine. After I sink up Ipod and get video, everything appears fine except when I press play. Screen is black and is paused. I unpause and it still does not work. The DVD I am using is one I burnt using my Tivo. I also used a different DVD still same problem. What am I doing wrong? I have used Clone DVD and Any DVD for a year but just sampling the Clone Mobile DVD looking to purchase if I can get the thing to work. Help!

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

does the file you created play using the quicktime player?
    connect the iPod to your computer,open iTunes.locate the problem file and try to play it in iTunes.
    what happens?

also,do you have problems with original dvd movie discs? (ie bought from a shop).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  3. dacoach85

dacoach85 Member

I have movie stored on external hard drive. I go to my computer, find the hard drive and than the file. Once I play it will play in Quicktime format. When going into ITunes I import the same file and it does play in ITunes fine. The problem I have is when I sync my Ipod with ITunes. When it says sync complete, I unplug, check to see if movie is there which it is, and press play. Screen appears black and is paused. I manually fast forward movie and it is still black. No video or audio. When I forward it and press play it automatically goes back to the video menu. DVD copy is fine it's the syncing of the video and audio to the Ipod that is the problem.

4. mike20021969

don't import the movie file into iTunes,then syncing iTunes to put it on the iPod.

do it this way and see if it helps:
    connect iPod to computer.open iTunes.wait til iTunes finds iPod.
    under where you iPod is listed the will be a heading Movies which you should click.
    this will list all movies on your iPod.
    right click the movie that wont play>delete.

with iTunes still open,locate the video file created with clonedvdmobile.
    with both the file containing folder open and iTunes open,drag the movie from the folder to the iTunes interface.
    the movie will now copy to your iPod.
    once it's copied it will automatically 'sync'.
    once it's done,with iTunes still open you should see the movie title you just dragged and dropped.
    double click it and hopefully it will play in the bottom left corner of the iTunes window.
    if successful,stop it playing.then eject the iPod.
    once it is safe to do so,see if it will now play on you iPod.
    this is the method i use for transferring my files and i never had a failed movie yet.
    good luck.

5. dacoach85

dacoach85 Member

I appreciate your help and totally understand how you are explaining how to do this. I had tried this way previously and tried to do it again after reading your reply and got the same result. After sycning, on my Ipod I go to movies. The Ipod shows the title and an image of the movie and when you select it the title appears on the top of the screen but it is still a blank black screen. The movie appears on my ITunes on my PC but does not want to transfer correctly to my Ipod when I sync it. Black screen with the title on top..that's it. I can play the movie on ITunes just won't transfer the movie to my Ipod. Ahhhhh!

6. mike20021969

daft question time:
    are you using ipod video 5 hires setting? (i use that).
    are you using 320x240 for resolution? (i use that).

or what settings in clonedvdmobile are you using?
    remember,even though the files play on your computer (even on the computer via the ipod's hard drive aswell), the settings you choose may not be suitable for playback on ipod's screen.

7. dacoach85

dacoach85 Member

daft question time:
    are you using ipod video 5 hires setting? (i use that). - YES
    are you using 320x240 for resolution? (i use that). - NO - 320X180. 320X240 NOT AVAILABLE.
    or what settings in clonedvdmobile are you using? - THE ONLY SETTINGS I USE ARE THE IPOD VIDEO 5 HIRES SETTING AND THE 320x180 RESOLUTION. OTHER THAN THAT I DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

remember,even though the files play on your computer (even on the computer via the ipod's hard drive aswell), the settings you choose may not be suitable for playback on ipod's screen. - SO WHAT DEFAULT SETTINGS NEED TO BE SWITCHED TO BE SUITABLE FOR PLAYBACK ON IPOD SCREEN? IS IT SOMETHING THAT I NEED TO ADJUST IN ITUNES? I KNOW THIS IS NOT A ITUNES MESSAGE BOARD BUT MAYBE I HAVE THE WRONG SWITCH FLIPPED OR SOMETHING.

8. mike20021969

check your private messages-i've sent you a link to a small size (2MB) .mp4 universal logo video clip to test your iPod with.
    it was made with clonedvdmobile with the settings i mentioned previous.
    it does play on my computer,in iTunes or with quicktime,and on iPod with video and stereo audio.

please note: that although you can preview the video clip on 4shared download page link,it may not have audio on it as it seems to have been lost in the flash (.flv) online conversion.

let us know how you get on.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  9. dacoach85

dacoach85 Member

the download worked on my ipod from the link you sent me. sound and video. so it would appear it is not settings in ITunes but something on clonedvdmoble settings? somewhere it must not be converting it properly.

10. mike20021969

are you using the latest clonedvdmobile (version 1.1.6.1?)
    if not use it: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVDmobile.exe
    have you looked here also:
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4748

are you using the latest firmware for your iPod?
    connect ipod to computer,open itunes.select your ipod.then check for updates (my ipod 80gb got a firmware update yesterday).

i dont know what else to suggest really.
    it's looking like it may be a problem with dvd's created with your tivo machine.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008