AnyDVD Decoding Error on "Die Wilden Huhner - und die Liebe"

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by mexgerm, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mexgerm

mexgerm New Member

After loading a German DVD, I immediately get a Sonic DLA pop-up stating "Your version of DLA can read files on this disk but you will not be able to edit or add to them.". This is followed by another Sonic DLA warning that stated "Invalid directory entry has been encountered. Some content may be lost or inaccessible." Then a windows explorer window then pops up with an Audio_TS directory and a Titelmusik.pdf file. I installed the latest beta version ( and still get the error.

Attached Files:

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Remove the DLA from Sonic.
  3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    v. Click "properties".
    vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    vii. Select the region that you're in

You have a bunch of programs, including packet writing software on your system (i.e., junk) that can cause conflicts with a lot of software, not just Slysoft's. In this case, you have drag and drop software called Sonic's Drag to Disc (or possibly Drive letter access).

You also have Musicmatch on your system, which has caused issues with Clonedvd in the past (and parts of Anydvd ripper is based on Clonedvd code).

So . . .

2. i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program:
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "sscdbhk5". Click "Remove Selected Filter". select "drvmcdb". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "MxlW2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

Keep in mind Musicmatch and your Sonic packet writing software will no longer work properly.
  4. mexgerm

mexgerm New Member

The registry edit worked. I was able to backup my DVD. Thanks!
  5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator