Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by LabourPain, Apr 28, 2012.

1. LabourPain

LabourPain New Member

So a problem I'm hoping someone can help with.

I upgraded a few months ago from an old version to AnyDVD HD I did a full remove and install so I'm reasonably condifent it installed OK.

I often buy box set DVD's and rip them to watch on my iPhone. Now however, rather than being to rip individual episodes, when ripping DVD's (through Handbrake), I can't see any of the episodes, I only see a single file that contains all the episodes.

I haven't changed any of the settings from default. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, any ideas of how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

AnyDVD will deliver a 100% identical structure as found on the DVD.
    It is not an authoring tool.
    Contact your friends at handbrake for creating a single-element output

Tip: update your AnyDVD to 7040
  3. LabourPain

LabourPain New Member

Hi Frank - thanks for the quick reply.

I will upgrade to but Handbrake hasn't changed. It worked fine before I upgraded to
  4. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

Read this carefully:

- You won't get an ounce of support for the 7000 version of AnyDVD anyway
    - There is nothing we can/will do about your scenario in AnyDVD, really.

The title/VOB structure on the DVD is what you get minus the protections when you process or rip with anyDVD.

Moving to 3rd party.
  5. LabourPain

LabourPain New Member

Hey Frank - I've update both products and the problems seems to be solved so isn't that good news.

As an aside, for someone providing customer support you are pretty abrupt. Have you ever thought of going on a communications or customer service course? Just a thought!!

6. Ahlitah

Ahlitah Member

I think Frank answered your question quite nicely.

He gave you the answer you WERE not looking for you though.

Lots of DVDs are authored like that, they are a pain to rip though.

It also has nothing to do with AnyDVD.

Your chosen program handbrake should work quite nicly to encode though. you will just have to rip via chapter instead of by title. Watch the disc and see what chapter each episode is on and tell HB to rip those.