AVI to DVD software

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by Sewermonger, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Sewermonger

Sewermonger Member

What do you folks recommend I use to convert AVI to DVD?

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

Ahead Nero Vision (Shareware) - Insanely easy to use with some nice menu capabilities.
    DVDFlick (Freeware) - Insanely easy to use but no menu capabilities.
    FAVC (Freeware) - Not overly complicated but could be confusing with the choice of settings. Menu capability but it's basic.
    SVCD2DVD (Shareware) - Good program. Simple and complex menu capabilities. Temporarily on sale for £1!!! I paid £20. Grrrr!
    The FilmMachine (Freeware) - Menu capabilities.

There are others as well and opinions will vary on which is the best. I suggest trying them all out and seeing which you like the most.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  3. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

thanks for that link, you can't grumble for a pound :D

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

I wanted to make sure I had the URL right so I went to the site and that's when I discovered it was on sale. Glad to help. :)

I couldn't grumble if I had gotten it for £1. I paid £20 a couple of months ago. :(

5. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

bummer mate, bummer,

my gain though :D

just need to learn how to work it

6. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

While the free stuff is all good, I can highly recommend ConvertXtoDVD: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Yes, it does more than AVI, but that's a bonus. The simplicity of use comes very close to that of Slysoft's products and to those who use them means a lot :agree:

7. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

ConvertXtoDVD is a good program as ivanX mentioned earlier. I use it for any Public Domain films or free video that I download off of the web.

Not too bad to use, pretty easy really.

8. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

This is a very new program I just found today. Judging from the screenshots it looks very promising. Check out the thread here.

9. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Wow nice find linx, looks promising indeed.

10. DrinkLyeAndDie

Definitely interesting. Unfortunately, you can't do much in the way of resizing any of the windows and on my monitor it makes using the software difficult. I'll have to spend some more time looking though. :)

11. DetroitBaseball

It will get better though as the development progresses. Report the bugs to the developer so they can be fixed.

12. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Especially since it is a pre-alpha version.

13. DetroitBaseball

I hope the developer is going to continually releases updates though.

14. DrinkLyeAndDie

Oh, I am a fan of any new program like this. And, of course, it's a pre-alpha so I fully expect bugs and/or UI issues since the UI is not what you should be focusing on in a pre-alpha version of a brand new program, IMO.

When I have time I'll experiment and see what the results are and report what I can to the developer. The menu capabilities look very very interesting. Actually I need to look into it more because on quick glance I was a little confused with how intricate the capabilities are.

15. Sewermonger

Sewermonger Member

Thanks to one and all for your response. Some look very good. Thanks

16. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

17. DetroitBaseball

18. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

19. DetroitBaseball

20. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Just watch out for a dangerous bug I found. Read about it here.