Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by skypx, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hanko44

Hanko44 Well-Known Member

Where in the world do you see a tick box for converting audio to core????

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

correction the proper name is "Convert HD audio to AC3"

[​IMG]

3. Hanko44

I see the PROBLEM NOW - I own Clone-BD but I have
    never used it. I don't copy Blu-ray's they are way to
    expensive.

I just use Clone DVD.

They still use Cinavia on DVDs :eek:

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Nonsense, a blank single layer bd now costs no more or barely more than a blank DVD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

5. Hanko44

Blu-Rays only cost 10¢ each?????

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Depends on the brand you pick and where you get them. I don't know about the US but I can get 25gb verbatim 25pc spindles between 26-31eur. That's around 1eur each but quality has a price. Still 25-30x cheaper than buying the original again. But cheaper brands are available, but the cheaper you go, the quality will go down.

7. sondeterra

sondeterra Well-Known Member

Doesn't yet

Clone BD will prevent cinavia on Bray rips but not DVD, still to come.

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

No, not on its own it doesn't and that's anydvd doing is thing THROUGH CloneBD by tapping into the audio processing. CloneBD can't and won't remove cinavia by itself.

Adding cinavia powers to CloneBD would change it's 100% legal status and endanger future sales. There's also NO word yet on if the Anydvd Cinavia removal will be added to DVD and if so, when that would be. Cinavia just isn't as widespread yet as it is on bluray and even on BD it isn't that common.

9. mgullick

mgullick Member

Please tell me if I have this right. AnyDVD - with the proper boxes checked - can enable software players to play back a backup BD. Using AnyDVD and CloneBD will enable playing a backup BD on a regular hardware device if, and only if you check the box to convert the audio to ac3.

Is this correct?

10. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator (en)

Yup, that's correct.

11. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g Well-Known Member

Really, where do you get your blank bd? I can usually get 100 DVDs for about $40.00. I see bd media going for $60.00 Single layer. I just want the generic BD, no printable, or anything else special.
    Thanks.

12. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

where i get mine doesnt help you, i'm not in the US and neither are the shops i get mine from

13. mgullick

mgullick Member

Didn't work on the hardware player at all. I was able to use a software player but not my regular DVD/BD player. I used the latest AnyDVD, checked both Cinavia related boxes, used CloneBD to do the burn and it bombed on the hardware player.

I then did the same thing but this time I also checked the box to convert to ac3 audio when I used CloneBD and when I tried to play it in my regular DVD/BD it didn't even wait the 20 minutes. The thing bombed out immediatelywhen I tried it on my regular player.

14. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g Well-Known Member

Where do you get blank Blu-Rays for $0.10 each?

15. Hanko44

You Did Not Understand my Comment.

I NEVER EVER BUY Blu-Ray - they are way too expensive.

I was questioning someone else who was saying how cheap
    Blu-Ray are. My 10 cent comment is that is what I pay for
    a DVD - NOT BLU-RAY.