Can not make a copy of Insanity THE ASYLUM DVDs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by Happy user, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Happy user

Happy user Member

Hello Guys,
    I have been using ANY DVDHD for years with no issues. I made backup copies of my P90X workout program last novemeber with no issues. I bought the new Insanity the ASYLUM workout program last December and can not make copies of 3 of their 6 DVDs. I was using version 6.9.1.0 and just downloaded the beta 6.9.1.3 and still I get the message from Roxio that the DVD is protected and can not be copied?. Are you guys aware of any special protenction for those DVS?, not sure if there is anything I am missing here?.

Thanks for the help.

2. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

3. Happy user

Happy user Member

Can not make Copies of Insanity the ASYLUM DVDs

(re-posting as I was in the wrong forum)

Hello Guys,
    I have been using ANY DVD for years with no issues. I made backup copies of my P90X workout program last novemeber with no issues. I bought the new Insanity the ASYLUM workout program last December and can not make copies of 3 of their 6 DVDs. I was using version 6.9.1.0 and just downloaded the beta 6.9.1.3 and still I get the message from Roxio that the DVD is protected and can not be copied?. Are you guys aware of any special protenction for those DVDs?, not sure if there is anything I am missing here?.

Thanks for the help.

4. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

Yes, same old story: it's the DATA

1. There is no such thing as selective protection

2. Some work/others don't = some have good data/others don't

3. Same procedure as ever: plays well does not mean you can copy it and we've seen these discs here before.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  5. Happy user

Happy user Member

Thanks Frank and Mike,
    Well, I understand,...however, now I have tried using the same DVDs that I was able to copy last month and now I get the same message from Roxio that the DVD is copy protected and can not be copied??. I have cleaned them throughly..How to explain that I was able to copy these DVDs before and now I am not able to copy them?. I installed anyDVD and the same Roxio DVD maker software on my wifes laptop and still could not get them copy. Thanks for the help.

6. Frank

OEM burner = usually rip first

To keep this short and uncomplicated, you may want to try this with the "rip video DVD to hard disc..." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

If you get an error on ripping these now with AnyDVD then we may have a regression issue.

7. Happy user

Happy user Member

Frank,
    I tried using the " rip video DVD to hard disk" feature and just before the anyDVD finished copying the DVD into hard drive I got a pop up window with an error message as follows: "FileIO 3 VTS_OS_1.VOB 9089024 14336"...and It did not finish copying the disc...Now I am clueless of what is happening..
    Thanks for the help.

8. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

I can't help you without seeing any logfiles.

9. Frank

OK, and moving forward...

OK, that is a permanent READ error and as James has requested we need a zip log file from AnyDVD to see exactly what is happening.
    a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
    Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
    "Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that ZIP file to your reply using the paper-clip function

10. cybertec89

cybertec89 New Member

Log from Insanity DVD 1

Here is the AnyDVD log file for the first DVD when I tried the AnyDVD option of rip to HD. This is what CloneDVD2 shows when I tried to copy it (printscreen). Anything else I can do to help? I'm having the same issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  11. Frank

No, this is *not* the same

No, you are *not* having the same issue

Please do not hijack a thread like this. I do not think you are getting FILEIO3 or READ errors with this kind of log data. You are not using 6913.

Current profile: DVD+R
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
    Total size: 1872112 sectors (3656 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TVCVOLUME <<<< ????
    ( I expect to see INSANITY_ASYLUM_DISCx)
    Media is not CSS protected.
    Media is region free. <<<<< ????

This looks like it is already a copy and the AnyDVD log also show a very low number of playable sectors. This is NOT the same problem as the original thread input. TVCVOLUME is often seen for "torrent" titles.....

If you can't copy this "flat" in Windows then forget it. There is nothing for AnyDVD to do and this is not likely anywhere near the same DVD as what we are dealing with.

12. Happy user

Happy user Member

Log from Insanity THE ASYLUM DVD 5

Hello guys,
    here is the log from one from one of the DVDs that I was trying to copy. Thanks for the help.

Also, please let me know if you would want logs from another DVD that I have not been able to copy?. Will help if I generate a log from another laptop? - not sure if necessary - but let me know and I will gladly do it.

Thanks again for your support guys,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  13. James

Thanks. Try to set the Ai scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

14. James

AnyDVD has deleted the whole disc. Not good. Try to disable "copy protection based on..." for this disc.

15. cybertec89

cybertec89 New Member

Frank, thank you for the lesson on internet etiquette. I will refrain from asking questions on any threads that I don't start. :doh:

James, thank you very much for a real solution to my problem. :bowdown:

16. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

It's not about asking questions.
    It's about the "I have the same problem" statement when you don't even have the same disk.

Unless you are using his identical disk on a virtually identical PC - you don't ever have "the same problem".

-W

17. Frank

Thank you

Thanks, Clams. That was my exact point. :agree:

18. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Your welcome.

-W

19. az_raiden

az_raiden Well-Known Member

I don't have the Asylum discs, but the first Insanity series had a rootkit that would install itself via the autorun.inf. Once installed, and it gave you no warning, AnyDVD was no use in decrypting the DVD. It was from the "Dig Deeper Fit Test" DVD. Some of the newer ones may have similar protection.

I've uploaded the files in case some one wants to see what they are.

az_raiden

Attached Files: