Captain America - Trouble Copying

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by eldoog, May 6, 2012.

1. eldoog

eldoog New Member

Hi -

I'm trying to make a copy of Captain America, using Any DVD and CloneDVD2 I'm getting the following error.

Invalid Block Start Code.

I also tried to rip directly using AnyDVD, but it gets hung up at 33% completion, which is also the same spot that CloneDVD gets hung up on.

I've tried cleaning the disc and using two different drives, It may just be a bad disc, but I thought I would try the forum for help.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

You need to set your drive's region. Completely exit AnyDVD before you set the region and try again. Still having problems, post a new log file after setting your region.

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Agreed....

-W

4. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

hmmmm...

Setting the DVD drive region to non-0 is anyway always good but I doubt it will fix this.

This error normally means the process used to write the content to this DVD had a serious error as defined, one or more Start Blocks might be coruppted by a prior copying process or by the source device covering critical read errors.

Let's do this:

Please try to use the AnyDVD ripper "rip video dvd...." option on the right mouse click menu on the AnyDVD tray fox icon and then burn from the Hard Drive folder this creates and NOT the DVD. You may need to allow some extra time for the copy to the hard drive.

This is not a protection.

5. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

I would say as the Frank says leaving the Region as it came as "0" isn't the problem and I will atest my desktop and 5 laptop are "0" Region and have not problem backing up dvd or BD media.

6. just curious

just curious Well-Known Member

That thing you do

For several years I had my region set as "0" had never a problem ripping blu ray or dvds to my hard drive.

A while back I used clonedvd to back up "That thing you do" to a hard drive folder 7.63gb in size when my region was set as "0"

No problem at all ripping to the drive.

I tried playing the movie from the folder via total media theatre 3 and playback was all garbled plus skipping/playing a little faster than normal.

I then set my region code to "1" ( my region code )

I then used clonedvd a second time to rip the movie to my hard drive.

Playback is now perfect!

I don't have the original dvd at the moment to see what would happen if I tried again with the region set as "0" but wanted to see if Recycle would try ripping this particular title ( with no compression! ) and see if it plays from the folder on his system.

7. Frank

Waiting on feedback

In general, it is best to have the drive's region non-0 and if this has not been an issue for some then all is well. AnyDVD will flag the need for that with an error usually and even in the event of a successful rip, changing this to non-0 often leads to success.

But that is not the issue here. I'd like to know how the user is coming along now with my suggestion to try a "rip video..." function as an exception.
    It *may* work but that error is not a protection and I suspect his disc is simply defective.

8. Cid

Cid New Member

I have the same Problem, I have tried changing drives and using different software to rip it dvdshrink 3, Roxio, and ripbot64. While checking the information window in anydvd is says the dvd is still copyright protected. Help would be appreciated

9. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

None of which can handle newer copy protection file systems, you should try ripping to harddrive first then trying to run the rip through those programs

10. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Yes - Rip to FOLDER using AnyDVD and import that rip into the proggy of your choice.

-W

11. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

I will have to wait til I get around to getting the movie then I will give it a try if I don't get to busy here to try that. Are you talking about rip to video or image?

12. Frank

And where is the first user??

.... strange that the person who opened this thread has "disappeared"....

13. just curious

just curious Well-Known Member

Rip to VIDEO_TS folder

I will have to wait til I get around to getting the movie then I will give it a try if I don't get to busy here to try that. Are you talking about rip to video or image?

When I ripped "That Thing You Do!" Dvd 1 of 2 ( Dvd 2 of 2 is bonus content ) I ripped to the hard drive as a VIDEO_TS folder instead of an .iso image and
    selected DVD+/-R DL Quality which resulted 7.63gb in size.

When ripped with region set at "0" - Total Media Theatre 3 could not play from folder. It tried playing but all I got was a garbled/stuttering mess.

When ripped with region set at "1" - Total Media Theatre 3 played folder fine

I concede my first rip ( region 0 ) may have been a "fluke bad rip" as that has happened to me before.

If it wasn't a "fluke bad rip" it would appear that setting the region IS important when ripping particular dvds such as the region 1 dvd of "That Thing You Do!"

14. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

You set your drive for the region you are in - AnyDVD does the rest regardless of the region of the disk. THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

-W