Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by hajj_3, Jul 28, 2010.

1. slee02

slee02 Active Member

Cinavia Infected

The LG BP325W 3D Bluray player has Cinavia..confirmed from reading the manual. Please add to list...

2. FAUSTOCG

FAUSTOCG New Member

I will like to ask for the people posting to the list to please upload the firmware version of the player with NO cinavia in a .rar file using a filehosting like mediafire,putlocker, 4share etc.. If posible a readme.txt also attached on how to do the downgrade or upgrade.

Thanks for you help.

PS. look for totalmedia version 3 plays cinavia discs

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

So does TMT 5 if you don't update to the latest build

4. Beerbelly

Beerbelly New Member

Sony BDP-S185

Just bought brand new Sony BDP-S185 with firmware on it .0025. Its cinavia free. Tested.

* Don't update player to new firmware .0042. This will contain cinavia *

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  5. v1nce

v1nce Member

LG BP325W Does NOT have Cinavia

Despite what the manual says, the LG BP325W does not have Cinavia protection. The Cinavia infected files I played on it that triggered Cinavia on my Samsung BD-E5700 player ran beautifully on the BP325W I got @ Fry's.

Main ver: BD7.717.00
    Software ver: H12SON0350

Safe to say I'm never going to let it update it's firmware :)

6. pacaveli420

pacaveli420 New Member

I have the BP325W with the same firmware - it has Cinavia.
    confirmed with MIB 3

7. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

There is no way that both of you can be right. Are you sure you have the exact same firmware and model number? Not sure if the country it is sold in makes a difference, but possible. But there is obviously a difference between your player and the other poster's player. :)

PS: It would be interesting to hear from other people who have this model and firmware to either dispute or confirm this.
    Until then, I would assume that this player and firmware probably does support Cinavia, especially if it's documented in the manual.

Cinavia enabled stand alone players will probably be the norm in the near future. A better solution is to dump the standalone blu ray players and go with an HTPC for full quality HD, rather than waiting for the Cinavia audio re-encoding hack.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. slee02

slee02 Active Member

Cinavia Future

I have confirmed with a source Cinavia future plans are to incorporate the audio watermarking into pressed CD's and infect next generation of audio equipment. Of course this is just in the talks with the major music labels and implementation into audio equipment manufacturer.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Well-Known Member

Man they're dumb. THey're just inspiring people to do something about it. I do understand protecting ones investment, but I think this is going a bit far...

BD+ was short lived. This one will fail too. It's only a matter of time.

10. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

With mp3 players and i-tunes, CD media is going the way of reel to reel and tape cassettes.

This sounds like wishful marketing from Verance though and probably will never happen. The only way Cinavia can work is with high power signal processors that aren't even necessary in audiio only equipment. It would increase the cost of manufacturing the players unnecessarily. Most blu-ray players already have the necessary hardware to process the cinavia signals, so it's not an extra expense for the player manufacturer to physically support detecting Cinavia.

If you ignore the extra expense of manufacturing, it is possible to use Cinavia with any audio recording, but they would have to figure out a way to protect the source media similiar to BDROM mark on original BD's that can't be duplicated with consumer equipment. Since CD's are on their way out as a medium, it would not be worth pursuing that market. It's all about itunes and mp3 players these days.

Edit: If the target player is the existing blu ray players, then I do understand why the record labels would be interested. EG. 7 channels with True HD. But it would have to be with DVD's or BD's,
    But that's just one more reason to dump stand alone players and go with an HTPC system.

The simplest solution for avoiding Cinavia is to control the player, rather than trying to filter out the watermark. That may be the ultimate conclusion in the end.

I am all for trying to isolate the watermarks and cancelling the signals out, if it is possible, but so far, it's like trying to use a spoon to seperate food coloring out of a bowl of clear water.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  11. FAUSTOCG

FAUSTOCG New Member

Lg bp620 3d does it have cinavia

Hello I will like to know if this LG BD player has CINAVIA

LG BP620 3D Blu-Ray Player with Built-In Wi-Fi

thank you.

12. SteveH4263

SteveH4263 Member

Depends when the blu ray player was made. If you go to the manufacturers web site they have firmware upgrades. Avoid anything that says cinavia. You need to find out what firmware the player is currently is using. You might want to downgrade the firmware so you don't have the cinavia protection. My blu ray player currently doesn't have the cinavia protection. If I upgrade to the newest firmware I will have that cinavia protection. Which I don't want.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

I'm about 90 percent sure this player is probably Cinavia supported out of the box given the manufacturing date. Cinavia support is going to be the typical thing with future licensed blu ray players.

HTPC's are still the best solution with dealing with Cinavia, in my opinion.

14. omegaman7

Or NOT having to deal with it ;)

15. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

Which blu ray player is that, if you don't mind my asking? I have legacy blu-ray players, Samsung BD6900 and an LG BD650, that have current firmware and thankfully, no Cinavia support.

BTW, the only problem with legacy players is that the drives themselves just flake out. Swap out the drive and good to go. The rest of the electronics is good for 20 years.

Sometimes throwing out the old to get the new stuff every year is not always the best idea ;)

Just to clarify that, My experience with blu ray players and burners is that their life is extremely limited in many cases. I went through about 4 panasonic burners in less than 15 months with moderate use. And two players. The reliability of the blu ray drives themselves are still evolving, but getting better.

BTW even though its called Blu Ray. The technology is actually a result of the development of the blue laser. Blu is short for Blue.

BTW, I am talking about cheap stuff and not Oppo level equipment. Last I heard, Oppo's don't have that short lived blue laser problem.
    I guess that's why the Oppo costs about 5 times more than the cheap ones ;)

16. SteveH4263

SteveH4263 Member

It's a Sony BDP-S185. It doesn't do 3D though? Do I need a special Blu Ray player to play 3D blu ray movies? I'm still newbie to all this and I'm learning. Google is a great help and overkill at times as well.

17. omegaman7

3D requires a 3d player. However BD optical drives in a PC don't care. It's just a BD disc with different data ;)

18. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

Yes, you need a 3D compliant player to watch in 3D. You also need the monitor or 3D HDTV and glasses to view it.

It's actually the HDTV that puts out the signal to the 3D glasses, not the BD player. People are confused about that sometimes.

The 3D glasses come matched with the HDTV and not the blu ray player.

BtW,, You can backup a 3D movie with AnyDVDHD as a full iso backup with protections removed.
    It will play on a 3D system just like the original. But there is no way to re-author the disk or change it any way yet. Normally it requires a full D/L 50GB blank to back one up.

I don't know if you can use speedmenus with 3D movies, but it would be useful. :)

19. omegaman7

3D signal to the glasses? Oh, perhaps you mean the optical illusion, that the glasses translate :p Naturally we need the 3D HDTV as well.

I've been trying to justify the purchase of one myself. Will likely be a few more years though. Flat Blu-ray looks plenty fine to me :p Besides... unfortunately I'm a prescription lens wearer :(

20. Roycal

Roycal Well-Known Member

No worries, the novelty of my 3D wore off in the first few weeks and wish I had the extra 1000 dollars back I paid for it. I just hope the newer ones are better :)

I've got an early Samsung TV the first year they had 3D and it has a ghosting problem sometimes. It's hard to watch it for more than about an hour. Headaches are a common complaint.

This is a great opportunity for Apple to take up that market too considering the competition (Samsung, the mortal enemy of Steve Jobs himself). Apple is a hardware company and does that very well.