CloneDVD or CloneCD (or CloneBD)

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by TDZGamer, Dec 15, 2009.

1. TDZGamer

TDZGamer Member

Hi! Virtual Clone Drive apparantly does not support .nrg images (Nero CD/DVD images). Since Nero isnt shipping their ImageDrive anymore - at least not for vista or win7 64 bit - I tried CloneCD to make a mountable image of a CD and a DVD ROM to play games without having the disc in on my Vista and Win7 64 bit systems. This worked great so I figured I should buy the thing.

Question is ... What is the difference between CloneCD and CloneDVD ... and for the future should I wait for CloneBD (I do have a Blu-Ray player). I dont want to buy lots of application that basically does the same thing.

Thx :)
  2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

No, Virtual CloneDrive doesn't support .NRG files.

CloneCD and CloneDVD both handle DVD Video discs. CloneCD can be used to copy or create an image of an Audio CD, a game DVD [if the protections used on the game are supported], HD-DVD, or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD cannot burn an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc. For playing games without needing to insert the game disc Game Jackal is really the better choice than CloneCD. CloneDVD can only handle DVD Video discs. CloneDVD has the ability to remove unwanted video, audio, and sub-titles from a Video DVD when making a backup while CloneCD cannot. CloneDVD allows you to compress the original content from a dual layer original disc so that the backup fits on a single layer disc while CloneCD cannot do this.
  3. TDZGamer

TDZGamer Member

Thank you very much! That answered my questions :)
  4. pimpcrapinpeace

pimpcrapinpeace Well-Known Member

I think you made a mistake there DrinkLyeAndDie
    It says CloneCD can handle Blu-Ray and HD, then it says it can't.
  5. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Look again, he said it can ceate an image but can't burn the disk.
  6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

CloneCD can create an image from an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD can not burn to HD-DVD or Blu-ray media.
  7. pimpcrapinpeace

My Bad

Ah, My bad. I misunderstood what you said.

Sorry for that.
  8. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Yet. It's coming soon.
  9. pimpcrapinpeace

Wow that is awesome news :)

Thanks for that James :)
  10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Goin World of Warcraft on this one :p

11. trussme

trussme Well-Known Member

Clone it?

I have added ANYDVD HD, a Pioneer BDR-205, and ImgBurn.... but ImgBurn is only a burning tool, I can't (re) author with it like I could with Clone DVD ..if I want just the Main Movie Title only... is Clone BD the answer?
  12. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

Hopefully - soon ;)

In the meantime, try ClownBD (search for it). Or BDRebuilder (ditto).
  13. trussme

trussme Well-Known Member

Thanx! I too anxiously await Clone BD now...
  14. Tourangang

Tourangang New Member

when is Clone Blu ray coming out?

i have just bought a LG Blue Ray writer, and using slysoft anydvd, i tried to backup my first Blu ray disk, until i realised it was over 40Gb!

does slysoft have any plans in developing a version of clone DVD that will compress 50gb Blu ray disks, so you could either split it over 2 disks, or comppress is to fit onto a 25Gb disk.