Compress movie into BD-R

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by softserve, Apr 19, 2012.

1. softserve

softserve Member

I am using the trial of Any DVD HD. I don't see a drop-down box to compress into 25 GB. Is there any way to compress into the standard 25 GB disc so that I don't have to re-rip a second time using BD Rebuilder?

If I can solve this issue, I would go ahead and buy the program.

Any help is appreciated.:)

Softserve

2. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

There is no such thing

AnyDVDHD won't author anything on BDs any more than AnyDVD will DVDs.
    And we don't sell it to do that either.

And as far as actually copying bluray

You can rip the BluRay disc (BD) movie to your hard drive, but it cannot be burned or transcoded with CloneDVD. CloneDVD is not sold as a BluRay product and will not be adapted for that either.

We will have a Clone product soon for BluRay and until then there is a full-disc backup method (provided the BD source fits onto a BD-R/RE) using some FREE software:
    Download and install ImgBurn (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/burning/imgburn.cfm or http://www.imgburn.com - it's a free tool).

Then insert a BD and let AnyDVDHD scan it. Then open ImgBurn.

- Select "Mode" and then "read", then the "source" to "create image file from disc". ImgBurn will create an image of the BD on the hard drive.
    - Then insert a blank BluRay disc
    - Select the "write" mode "write image to blank disc".

To fit to a 25GB blank, see this Forum discussion:
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13846&highlight=shrink+BluRay
    OR:
    With compression:
    - Use AnyDVD HD ("rip video...." or "rip to image..." ISO image) right click menu on the tray icon

- Use the free BD Rebuilder tool
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder
    to compress down to approximately 23.3 gb on a BD-R single layer)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_video/bd_rebuilder.cfm

- Imgburn

3. markauman

markauman New Member

Nero Will Do It

Nero is your best bet for copying a Blu-Ray.

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

No it is not, imgburn is much better and not only is it not bloatware and very invasive, it's also free

5. MrBiG

MrBiG Member

Nero is a turd that should only be used with DVDFab products. :D

6. RBBrittain

RBBrittain Well-Known Member

Now I wouldn't go *that* far--though I agree with Frank & Adbear that you're better off using BDRB & ImgBurn. (Full disclosure: I do have Nero 11 HD.)

7. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

As added bonus BD-rebuilder will recognize Imgburn and will do burning for you with correct setting.

8. softserve

softserve Member

Thank you Frank

Frank,

Thank you for your reply to my thread. Thanks for the info and the links; however, I was looking for a program where I only had to rip once and it would encode and compress at the same time.

But thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Sorry it took a while to respond to your answer.

softserve

9. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

You could do it all of it in one step as well. Only reason we advise this method is to reduce wear and tear on dirve.

10. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

forthcoming Clone Blu-ray product

With regard to ESBY's forthcoming Blu-ray product; will it require a significant increase in the computer requirements prescribed for AnyDVD HD?

11. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

ESBYs? If you mean Elby's then they aren't making the Blu-ray software, it's being written by Slysoft

12. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

Slysoft's Blu-ray project

Sorry about the confusion Adbear; I thought that he team that produced CloneDVD was developing the Blu-ray equivalent. Is information available as to whether the computer requirements for the Blu-Ray equivalent of CloneDVD be significantly increased over those prescribed for AnyDVD HD?

13. softserve

softserve Member

Hawk,
    How do I encode and compress in one rip? I don't care about wear and tear on my BD drive.

Thanks.

softserve

14. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

If you are not concerned with slow processing and at the same time wear and tear happening on drive.

All you have to do insert disc and open bd-rebuilder and choose source as a drive and destination as one of the folders on hard drive.

If you want to burn make sure to look for option burn with imgburn is on and you have imgburn installed.

15. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

It's not just wear and tear on the drive you have to worry about, if it encounters a single read error then you've wasted all that time encoding up to that point. It's also quicker in the long run to rip to the drive first then encode from there

16. softserve

softserve Member

Hawk,

Are you saying that BD Rebuilder and ImgBurn are the only two programs that I need to rip and burn a movie, irrespective of wear and tear?

Thanks

softserve

17. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Nope, ya need Anydvd too, to decrypt & rip. BD-Rebuilder does not rip, it only compresses the ripped folder. IMGBurn is used to burn the final output to disc.