compressing BD50 to BD25

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by regfixit, Dec 9, 2008.

1. regfixit

regfixit Member

What is the best (easiest) way to compress a BD50 movie to BD25 disc? Main movie and sound only. Have already used TSmuxer to remove unnecessary streams, but remaining ones still too big.

I saw this post http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=127463&postcount=27 that involved 11 steps.

Is this still the best way or is there a more streamlined approach ?

2. wakebrder

wakebrder Beta Tester

The newest version of Ripbot264 allows you to open the largest .m2ts file in your STREAM folder, choose desired audio/video streams and subtitles. The program will do the rest.

You will have to choose bluray output and type in your desired file size and destination.

3. vamsilak

vamsilak Well-Known Member

but ripbot takes forever man

4. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

Compression is BAD, no matter how you look at it.

Put the DOWNSIZED MOVIE, not re-encoded, not compressed, on two blank disks instead of one.

:agree:

5. vamsilak

how do we put on two discs

6. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

Use the software program TSMUXER, it has options and settings to split the
    M2TS files and build the Blu-ray structure the size you want to fit on BD-5 (4.7gb) or BD-9 (8.5gb) or BD-R (25 or 50gb)
    :agree:

7. KiddColt

KiddColt Member

BD Squeeze

Hello,

As a veteran of the multi-disk method be forewarned about a tsMuxer bug.
    This will FAIL if your audio is TrueHD...Use tsRemux instead and check the box that says, "Blu-ray TrueHD...to DTS".

Also, you can save quite a bit of money if you put the small remainder of the movie onto a DVD-R (or 2) instead of wasting a second BD-R. BD players will recognize and play it in Hi-Def!

Enjoy, :rock:

8. vamsilak

maybe thats the reason why my from my second disc it refused to play

the verey first disc play flawlessly
    second ,third,and even fourth disc if ant.. use to give problem

now this leads to another question
    i have some movies under 25gb with true-hd does it have the same problem when we use it tsmuxer and burn to bd-r...!!???

9. KiddColt

KiddColt Member

BD Squeezed

Hello,

For movies under 25GB (23.3GB actually) use AnyDVD HD's "Rip to harddrive" feature - I also check the "Skip adverts..." checkbox. Drag and drop the BDMV folder onto ImgBurn and burn it...DON'T use tsMuxer at all!

Also, I just realized that tsMuxer also has a "Convert TrueHD to DTS..." checkbox but it doesn't show up until a video file is loaded (my bad).

Adios, KiddColt

10. vamsilak

now this leads to another question
    i have some movies under 25gb with true-hd does it have the same problem when we use it tsmuxer and burn to bd-r...!!???

11. KiddColt

KiddColt Member

TrueHD

Hello,

No problems with TrueHD soundtrack so long as you don't "demux" it.
    Simply use AnyDVD-HDs "rip to harddrive" feature then use ImgBurn!

Cheers, KiddColt