Converting Audible files to MP3

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by snodinn, Mar 22, 2012.

1. snodinn

snodinn New Member

I am so very happy with all of the products that I have from SlySoft, but I would be even happier if you had a product that would be kept updated that would convert files from one format to another. In this particular case I am looking for a program that I can trust to have a long and productive life, one that would convert audible files to MP3's. Any suggestions out there?

SlySoft has spoiled me with the ease of use for all the programs I have used, and for keeping current. Thank you! Sheila

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Though this belongs in "Third Party Products" probably, i've personally found there's no match to "DB Poweramp Converter". Does a superb job, has codecs packs for it and does batch converting (entire folders ..., including subdirectories) and supports multi-core processors

3. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

Audio from Audible ist protected and can't just be converted.
    You need to burn the files using iTunes on a CD(-RW) as Audio CD and than rip it back.
    Other way you can do it use iTunes and a ThridParty programm wich emulates an empty CD and "burn" AudioCD there.
    Since its emulated take only a a few minutes and you can directly rip the audio after that from the emulated CD.

Keep in mind the audio has a watermark wich can always identify the buyer.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

Watermark will be still there and it will take long timeusing audacity, depending on the length of the audible audiobook.

6. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

I use Musicmatch Plus to convert any audio sound, like off the stereo radio, mike to MP3 at 128kbps and burn to a CD-R blank disk.

If you want to edit the MP3 before burning to a CD-R I use MP3 direct cut.

Also, works great for copying commercial CD-R audio disks.

7. Thanks for that about the watermark. I learned something today.