Copy movie to an SD card

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kttrudeau, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kttrudeau

kttrudeau New Member

Is it possible to copy a movie to an SD card, and if so, how? Thanks!

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is.

If you have a card reader, either on the computer or usb type card reader, and an SD card of sufficient size, use the browse function and select the SD card as the output directory.

Depending on the speed of the card (e.g. Class 4), it may (and probably will) take longer than copying directly to the hard drive.

Alternatively, copy to the hard drive first, then drag and drop the created file(s) to SD card - it may be the faster option.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  3. kttrudeau

kttrudeau New Member

thanks......

4. kttrudeau

kttrudeau New Member

I think I am still doing something wrong. I can see the movie on the card, but I can't get it to play on my Cruz t301 tablet. Should I somehow change the format?

5. kttrudeau

kttrudeau New Member

the Cruz t301 supports Mpeg-4, H.263 and H.264

6. mike20021969

What program(s) are you actually using for this task?
    Try making sure the video size is no greater than 800 x 600 pixels.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  7. carlinhomes

carlinhomes New Member

It is very easy procedure to copy your movie to an sd card. First of all you have to change the movie formate according to your mobile phone and then you have to do copy in movie c.d and paste in s.d card .While sending the movie to s.d.card keep remember that the formate are liable according to thier feature of the phone .

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

@Carlinhomes: Op never said he has the intention to use it on a mobile phone. OP merely asked if a disc could be copied to an SD card. For all we know he intends to use it as a small "portable drive"

9. mike20021969

The problem is now this:

10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

last time i checked a tablet aint a phone. That being said, looks like cloneDVD Mobile will be the best option or simply rip the entire disc and if possible install dvd software on the tablet